+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    See stories like this is what scares me.
    You started an anti hairloss med and are below baseline?
    I think so, yes. Treatment doesn't necessarily work for ever, and I need to invest more time anyways.

How do you know the meds accelerated your hairloss via shedding?
    I don't know whether or not I've just accelerated my hair loss through shedding and potential non-results. Why the hell would I care if I go bald in 1 year versus 2 years? I'm on a long-term treatment; commitment is required.

Infinitely worse than non-results would be not attempting to treat it and spending eternity wondering if I could have preserved my hair but pu55y'd out from trying treatment.

Best case scenario: hair bounces back and I get to stop visiting this website.

Worst case scenario: go bald, get off treament, hit the gym harder, dress nicer, and date older women.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I think so, yes. Treatment doesn't necessarily work for ever, and I need to invest more time anyways.

I don't know whether or not I've just accelerated my hair loss through shedding and potential non-results. Why the hell would I care if I go bald in 1 year versus 2 years? I'm on a long-term treatment; commitment is required.

Infinitely worse than non-results would be not attempting to treat it and spending eternity wondering if I could have preserved my hair but *****'d out.
    There is a poster called Kirby on here.

He was a solid NW2 before treatment, once he started it, like you, he had a never ending shed which actually caused him to drop below baseline. He has never recovered and mentally he went a bit psychotic. Now he probably wonders what would have happened if he never took fin.

The current treatments may work, may not work. But the fact that they can be inconsistant,means they are garbage.

People who say they dont work forever, in some cases I guess it does work for a long time - Spex is an example of it.

He has never recovered and mentally he went a bit psychotic.
    Sounds like a personal problem. I doubt he was going to remain NW2 barring finasteride.

. Now he probably wonders what would have happened if he never took fin.
    I'm not a fan of what-ifs. Given the literature and medical community's consensus, I made the best decision for my situation and am willing to see it through.

The current treatments may work, may not work. But the fact that they can be inconsistant,means they are garbage.
    Agreed. But unfortunately I don't have a time machine for the future, so I'll have to endure the present.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem. I doubt he was going to remain NW2 barring finasteride.

I'm not a fan of what-ifs. Given the literature and medical community's consensus, I made the best decision for my situation and am willing to see it through.

Agreed. But unfortunately I don't have a time machine for the future, so I'll have to endure the present.

Probably not but the point is fin may have balded him further prematurely. Afterall fin messes with one's hormone levels.

It's just sad that hairloss sufferers have very few good options

Every treatment is inconsistent. The supposed cures that everybody is waiting for will also be inconsistent. There will not be a treatment that will work for everybody. And here is another news flash: Some people will not be able to tolerate the new treatments either.

There is a poster called Kirby on here.

He was a solid NW2 before treatment, once he started it, like you, he had a never ending shed which actually caused him to drop below baseline. He has never recovered and mentally he went a bit psychotic. Now he probably wonders what would have happened if he never took fin.

People who say they dont work forever, in some cases I guess it does work for a long time - Spex is an example of it.
    I think this is a great point, something which I've been saying for years but only now are more people starting to clock on.

It also makes me wonder whether the efficacy statements made by Merck (e.g. 9 out of 10 men respond well) are true or lies, given the history of bullshit coming from this company however I would place my bets on the latter.

But hey, maybe it's not lies, they probably just cherry-picked from their best studies, sugared up the stats a bit and voila! An extra few hundred million added to the balance sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I think this is a great point, something which I've been saying for years but only now are more people starting to clock on.

It also makes me wonder whether the efficacy statements made by Merck (e.g. 9 out of 10 men respond well) are true or lies, given the history of bullshit coming from this company however I would place my bets on the latter.

But hey, maybe it's not lies, they probably just cherry-picked from their best studies, sugared up the stats a bit and voila! An extra few hundred million added to the balance sheet.
    It's why I haven't touched that shit. If my hairloss is slow/stable right now, why play russian roulette.

It's why I haven't touched that shit. If my hairloss is slow/stable right now, why play russian roulette.
    I know man, I tried fin, I got sides and it sped up my hair loss.

I got federally DP'd.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    It could be that 90% respond well, but there are 10% that dont.

That means if a million men take the drug. 100,000 will not respond well to it - this is still a significant number.

The real trouble with fin is, is the nature of it. You are ****ing around with your hormone levels. At least with histogen, you are targeting specific areas using stem cells, as opposed to completely altering your hormonal system. And as they are a start up, they will probably pay much more attention to aspects such as safety due to this being their flagship product.

So I am in the 2% that get sides and the 10% that doesnt respond.

FML.