+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Do you order your dut from inhouse?

What dose/frequency? I'm ready to take the plunge.
    I get mine from a pharmacy. Got an rx for it. I should warn you it is $400+ for a 3 month supply....Aames said he got blood work done and his InHouse dut seemed to be working well, his DHT was very low. But I am paranoid about going outside of licensed pharms for some reason so I just use brand name Avodart
    I take .5 mg every day.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Dut is a very powerful drug, and I am a very good responder to it I guess. The process of thickening or regaining hair with hair loss treatments is very very slow, and it has always been for me in the past. But not with Dut, everything is happening fast. I'm truly shocked.
    Glad to hear you have good results. I have not been impressed with mine so far but it has only been 3 months so I just need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkeh91 View Post
    Happy to hear that you are getting good results. What's your current regimen except dut?
    Thanks. Fin 1.25mg and Rogaine twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Glad to hear you have good results. I have not been impressed with mine so far but it has only been 3 months so I just need to be patient.
    What has happened so far? Slowed down, stopped hair loss, shedding?

Do you use Rogaine/minoxidil 2x daily? I think that's very important even for dut. When I was using fin+minoxidil I didn't get results fast, it took like 8 months to see new hairs pop up. Fin alone got me nothing at all, except stopped/slowed down the hair loss, which in my case is nothing. But Dutasteride+Rogaine are really good together.

What has happened so far? Slowed down, stopped hair loss, shedding?
    The thing is my hair loss was stopped on fin/keto. When I started dut I had more/better hair than when I started fin 2.5 years before. Since starting dut I do not know if anything has changed....like I said I suspect I may have taken a slight hit in density in my hairline corners. & then there are all these little blond vellus hairs that do nothing cosmetically, but they are growing almost to the point of my juvi hairline (not totally sure if they were there before or if I am just looking closer now)

Do you use Rogaine/minoxidil 2x daily? I think that's very important even for dut. When I was using fin+minoxidil I didn't get results fast, it took like 8 months to see new hairs pop up. Fin alone got me nothing at all, except stopped/slowed down the hair loss, which in my case is nothing. But Dutasteride+Rogaine are really good together.
    All I take is fin+dut+keto. I really want to see what results minox could give me but I experimented with Kirkland's for about a week once and did not react well, I think I was allergic or something. Also people have these stories about their skin getting worse on minox....has that been your experience? I am OCD about image so that kind of thing makes me paranoid

Well, guys, I didn't pull the trigger on the dut.. yet.

Do you guys think it is more reasonable to wait longer,or to just get on it?

However, I do need to order some keto. Can someone link me to the shampoo they order? I'll add that I really don't care for how my current 2% keto shampoo leaves my hair right after use, but realize that may be a necessary evil.

Also, I got my hair cut super short today. I think it's alright, but goddamn I am not crazy about the shape of my skull -- would strongly prefer to keep my hair.

Let me know what you think about the dut and keto...
    Attached Images

Well, guys, I was just having one of those days. Was in the brightly lit bathroom at work and saw the left side of my hairline (the side I typically aggressively part and comb to the side) was looking see through as ever.

It all of a sudden hit me. I'm sitting here counting the days until my dermatology appointment, and I don't even know if my dermatologist (who is a totally chill sweetheart) is going to prescribe me the 5mg Finpecia pills I am hoping to start taking. I realized, I'd just as well cancel the appointment, order 5mg Finpecia from inhousepharmacy (Cipla brand), and take matters into my own hands.

So, here we are. I paid a meager $27 for 10 pills, which I will cut into 8ths, start taking every other day for the 3 months, and then every day afterwards. I havn't cancelled my derm appointment just yet, but will once the pills arrive so that my derm can fill my time slot in with someone else.

I'm just sick of the thinning in my frontal lobe especially, and seeing the miniaturized hairs fall out every day. The hairs that fall are miniaturized 80% of the time. While I will admit my density looks a bit better than it did ~1.5 months ago, it's still not where I want it.

Just looking for a little support here, guys. I don't want to be setting up $60 follow-up appointments for eternity. I don't want to just hope she prescribes me 5 mg pill. I'm over it. I can see the roots of my hairs turning blonde. It's time to start popping the pill and worry about finishing my Master's and going full-time with my employer instead of my hair. If the fin doesn't fix it, I'll buzz my head and taper off of the pill.

Appreciate any support you guys give, but know I'm pretty set in my ways. Attached are some pics I took with decent resolution to show you why I'm so concerned.

Time to hit the gym harder than I've ever hit it to burn this anxiety away. Need a little peace of mind. I don't want to lose my looks (which feels really shitty to say).

Best regards, compadres.
    wow, you're actually a very very lucky man - be grateful for what you have, you look like a regular guy without a hair problem. if I had your hair I'd be dancing every day. Look on the bright side, you could be like me with a 'clown style' puffy hair all around but going in the middle. Imagine the clown in the simpsons but with dark brown hair instead. worry about it 10 years down the line when the frontline has receeded to the back line..

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    BigThinker,

You have been on Finasteride for less than two months.

Do you think this is long enough to determine how it is affecting your body, whether that's positively or negatively?
    Somehow I wouldn't worry about negative affects - we eat, drink and inhale more crap 24/7 than what is in these tablets. (plus he went on a full bender on St. patties day - far more damage done there then ) So really there can only be a positive side compared to the rest.

Well, guys, I didn't pull the trigger on the dut.. yet.

Do you guys think it is more reasonable to wait longer,or to just get on it?

However, I do need to order some keto. Can someone link me to the shampoo they order? I'll add that I really don't care for how my current 2% keto shampoo leaves my hair right after use, but realize that may be a necessary evil.
    You still might have solid results from fin eventually, it is too early to know yet. On the other hand dut is known to be stronger and tbh I wish I had started it sooner.
    The only negatives I can see in dut are the added expense and the lack of knowledge about long term effects. Also I guess the short term sides might be more severe if you get them

I get 2% keto shampoo from the pharmacy, it is some generic brand

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJones View Post
    Somehow I wouldn't worry about negative affects - we eat, drink and inhale more crap 24/7 than what is in these tablets. (plus he went on a full bender on St. patties day - far more damage done there then ) So really there can only be a positive side compared to the rest.
    I am sure you're right, you just keep on popping those pills son. I am sure you will be fine, the negative side effects are all in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I am sure you're right, you just keep on popping those pills son. I am sure you will be fine, the negative side effects are all in the head.
    Not very clever sarcasm. Just because you had alleged side effects does not mean everybody will have mental issues like you.