+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Good Luck, your experience will be closely followed. Do you intend to chuck Minox into the mix? I think I might now its this short...

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I always used to think "if my penis falls off the net result would be the same as if I lost all my hair, so nothing to lose...."

As you can see I was never well equipped to handle balding
    People like you suffer from Body dysmorphic disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

In research carried out by Dr. Katharine Philips, involving over 500 patients, the percentage of patients concerned with the most common locations were as follows;

Skin (73%)
    Hair (56%)
    Nose (37%)
    Weight (22%)
    Stomach (22%)
    Breasts/chest/nipples (21%)
    Eyes (20%)
    Thighs (20%)
    Teeth (20%)
    Legs (overall) (18%)

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    You won't regret it, trust me.
    I know I won't. I've been jonesing for my fin to get here every since I placed the order. My only regret is that I didn't do it 8-9 months ago at first indication.

Quote Originally Posted by michael l View Post
    to be honest mate your hair looks fine , but you know best !
    Thanks, mang. It's hard for me to get a picture that really shows it. I've attached one that shows the current status pretty well. Edit: I accidentally hit submit and don't have the attachment option in "Edit". See post below.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post

In research carried out by Dr. Katharine Philips, involving over 500 patients, the percentage of patients concerned with the most common locations were as follows;

Skin (73&#37
    Hair (56%)
    Nose (37%)
    Weight (22%)
    Stomach (22%)
    Eyes (20%)
    Thighs (20%)
    Teeth (20%)
    Legs (overall) (18%)
    Oh, so a study found that people have insecurities related to their appearance. Sounds ground breaking.

Bottom line is I have miniaturization, recession, and diffusion identified by an accredited professional. Further, on the paternal side of my family every dude goes bald.

The only thing I can't understand is: 1.) Why you want to convince guys that are clearly balding that they aren't, 2.) Why you think your faceless internet persona is somehow going to convince me otherwise.

I'll speculate: 1.) You want everyone to suffer from the full extent of their baldness because you couldn't or wouldn't do something about yours, 2.) Actually, nevermind, I have no idea why you would think you could convince me other wise.

Here's the pic of my hairline, Mike. One of the pics shows the recession, the other shows the diffusion, and the last one I tried to get the miniaturized hairs in the shot. Other than that, you'll just have to take my word on it, good sir.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Oh, so a study found that people have insecurities related to their appearance. Sounds ground breaking.

Bottom line is I have miniaturization, recession, and diffusion identified by an accredited professional. Further, on the paternal side of my family every dude goes bald.

The only thing I can't understand is: 1.) Why you want to convince guys that are clearly balding that they aren't, 2.) Why you think your faceless internet persona is somehow going to convince me otherwise.

I'll speculate: 1.) You want everyone to suffer from the full extent of their baldness because you couldn't or wouldn't do something about yours, 2.) Actually, nevermind, I have no idea why you would think you could convince me other wise.
    I was saying that to 25 going to 65, not you. And please stop repeating that "You want everyone to suffer from baldness", because I don't. You are showing some recession, no doubt, but I have seen some people here who are not even NW1 and thinking about taking avodart! Now if that is not BDD, than what else is it?

I was saying that to 25 going to 65, not you. And please stop repeating that "You want everyone to suffer from baldness", because I don't. You are showing some recession, no doubt, but I have seen some people here who are not even NW1 and thinking about taking avodart! Now if that is not BDD, than what else is it?
    Haha my bad. I just was reading a string of comments and not paying mind to who they were directed to. But, in my defense, you are always on about fin sides.

Skin (73&#37
    Hair (56%)
    Nose (37%)
    Weight (22%)
    Stomach (22%)
    Eyes (20%)
    Thighs (20%)
    Teeth (20%)
    Legs (overall) (18%)
    Most likely I do have BDD. I have mentioned it before on this forum in fact.

One week in. I switched to 0.625mg/day two days ago.

Was running late for work and popped my fin on an empty stomach and pounded a coffee as well. In the meeting, I felt a bit of a ball ache. It was like a modest case of "blue balls"; you know, like someone is squeezing on your balls and prostrate. I've had this feeling due to a variety of reasons in the past, and this instance was mild relative to those. It wasn't necessarily alarming, nor did it really deter my attention, but obviously it was noticeable for me to be reporting it.

No other sides to report.

The main reason for this 1 week update is that my head hasn't itched a bit since the 2nd pill - that terrible itch letting you know your hair follicles are being strangled. Usually it was especially irritated when I worked out. 5 days of no itch now then. I'm not claiming the fin is necessarily "working", but it sure is seems like a good sign.

That's all for now.

Time for a 1 month update.

Since my 1-week update, all sides have went away. If there is any sort of brain fog or change in demeanor, I genuinely haven't noticed it nor had anyone comment. Nut ache never came back after the first week. Itch is still gone, and my peace of mind is stronger than it's been in the better part of year.

Anyways, I decided to snag some updated pics because I just got my hair cut and noticed I have my first bit of noticeable thinning on my crown -- bit of a bummer, but I'm hoping the finasteride will hit that, irrespective if it works on the hair line (see pics).

Also, this last week I started shedding like absolute crazy. I went out drinking all day on Saturday for St. Patties and the next day it was raining hairs. Rather demoralizing, but every single hair was completely miniaturized or tapered/miniaturized at the proximal end. I won't bother reading into that too much, but I just want to acknowledge the shed.

I'll leave it at that and check in for a 2 month or 3 month update.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Time for a 1 month update.

Since my 1-week update, all sides have went away. If there is any sort of brain fog or change in demeanor, I genuinely haven't noticed it nor had anyone comment. Nut ache never came back after the first week. Itch is still gone, and my peace of mind is stronger than it's been in the better part of year.

Anyways, I decided to snag some updated pics because I just got my hair cut and noticed I have my first bit of noticeable thinning on my crown -- bit of a bummer, but I'm hoping the finasteride will hit that, irrespective if it works on the hair line (see pics).

Also, this last week I started shedding like absolute crazy. I went out drinking all day on Saturday for St. Patties and the next day it was raining hairs. Rather demoralizing, but every single hair was completely miniaturized or tapered/miniaturized at the proximal end. I won't bother reading into that too much, but I just want to acknowledge the shed.

I'll leave it at that and check in for a 2 month or 3 month update.
    With any luck these miniaturized hairs will come back stronger. If you just now are noticing crown thinning you have a great chance to halt it or even revert it (finasteride works well for the crown, people have filled their crowns in with more extensive loss than you have)
    Peace of mind is a big deal. I will never forget my sense of relief when I popped that first pill....like "ahh, finally I am officially doing something about this"