+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 176
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I got a question good sir,

    Do you shed a lot or some what around your hairline and temple area?
    I've always had a big forehead and my temples have been non-existent for as long as I can remember. I'm basically not shedding much anymore. I can shake my finger tips through my entire scalp as hard as I can and only have 2-3 fall. The hairs that fall are typically very light in color by the bulb, but normal color otherwise. The hair behind the hairline is very light and blonde towards the bulb, like the hairs fall out.

    My hairline has been creeping back for 1.5 years I would estimate, based on pictures. And, I can't foresee it stopping. Currently, about 1/4th to 1/2th an inch from the hairline and back is incredibly thin - especially on the side that I aggressively part it (left side, see picture above). So, I've come to the conclusion combing my hair on that side has expedited the receding process and/or I'm receding asymmetrically (which I've read is rather common).

    I have no diffuse thinning behind the "frontal lobe", and the diffusion is worse towards the front, getting gradually "better" towards the back. From what I've read, http://www.*****************/hair-los...ontal-hair.pdf, fin might save my frontal lobe.

    I'm not thinning like my father (aggressive NW7 - bald by 27, or so) and I'm nothing like my maternal grandfather (NW1). I've noticed, recently, that my hair loss is damn near identical to my paternal Grandfather when he was slightly younger than me, as well as my paternal uncle. If my hair follow suit with them, it'll be the same M shape that gradually keeps moving backwards (maintaining the M) until NW5-6. My paternal uncle is in his early 50's and has froze at about an NW 5.

    We were looking at old pictures at Christmas, and I saw a picture of my paternal grandfather with hair loss JUST like mine, except at an NW3-4, and my grandmother estimated he was 25-27 years old (after I inquired). It's funny how when we get self-conscious about balding we begin analyzing everyone else hair.

  2. #12
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I've always had a big forehead and my temples have been non-existent for as long as I can remember. I'm basically not shedding much anymore. I can shake my finger tips through my entire scalp as hard as I can and only have 2-3 fall. The hairs that fall are typically very light in color by the bulb, but normal color otherwise. The hair behind the hairline is very light and blonde towards the bulb, like the hairs fall out.

    My hairline has been creeping back for 1.5 years I would estimate, based on pictures. And, I can't foresee it stopping. Currently, about 1/4th to 1/2th an inch from the hairline and back is incredibly thin - especially on the side that I aggressively part it (left side, see picture above). So, I've come to the conclusion combing my hair on that side has expedited the receding process and/or I'm receding asymmetrically (which I've read is rather common).

    I have no diffuse thinning behind the "frontal lobe", and the diffusion is worse towards the front, getting gradually "better" towards the back. From what I've read, http://www.*****************/hair-los...ontal-hair.pdf, fin might save my frontal lobe.

    I'm not thinning like my father (aggressive NW7 - bald by 27, or so) and I'm nothing like my maternal grandfather (NW1). I've noticed, recently, that my hair loss is damn near identical to my paternal Grandfather when he was slightly younger than me, as well as my paternal uncle. If my hair follow suit with them, it'll be the same M shape that gradually keeps moving backwards (maintaining the M) until NW5-6. My paternal uncle is in his early 50's and has froze at about an NW 5.

    We were looking at old pictures at Christmas, and I saw a picture of my paternal grandfather with hair loss JUST like mine, except at an NW3-4, and my grandmother estimated he was 25-27 years old (after I inquired). It's funny how when we get self-conscious about balding we begin analyzing everyone else hair.
    Thank you for the reply BigThinker. My hairline has been creeping has well and it sucks but FIN has alter it. So far, I only shed about 5 hairs when I shower which is better then 15 hairs a couple a weeks before. Ha true, I also analyzes every ones.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Thank you for the reply BigThinker. My hairline has been creeping has well and it sucks but FIN has alter it. So far, I only shed about 5 hairs when I shower which is better then 15 hairs a couple a weeks before. Ha true, I also analyzes every ones.
    You bet, bud. Yeah, my hair shedding is naturally slowing down on, but the old hairs aren't coming back - time to intermittent, low-dose it with fin.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Fincar is here

    Yo guys. Fincar 5mg just got here.

    I cut it into 8ths, which was surprisingly easy, and popped the first one without thinking twice (0.625 mg).

    I've taken baseline pics and stored them on my comp, but for the purposes of this forum I will be treating the pics on the original post as baseline.

    mmmmmmmmmmmmm that's about it.

  5. #15
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    You hair still looks great, don't worry so much!

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yo guys. Fincar 5mg just got here.

    I cut it into 8ths, which was surprisingly easy, and popped the first one without thinking twice (0.625 mg).

    I've taken baseline pics and stored them on my comp, but for the purposes of this forum I will be treating the pics on the original post as baseline.

    mmmmmmmmmmmmm that's about it.
    RIP BigThinker's genitalia.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    RIP BigThinker's genitalia.
    Bah! Who needs 'em anyway.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Bah! Who needs 'em anyway.
    I always used to think "if my penis falls off the net result would be the same as if I lost all my hair, so nothing to lose...."

    As you can see I was never well equipped to handle balding

  9. #19
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yo guys. Fincar 5mg just got here.

    I cut it into 8ths, which was surprisingly easy, and popped the first one without thinking twice (0.625 mg).

    I've taken baseline pics and stored them on my comp, but for the purposes of this forum I will be treating the pics on the original post as baseline.

    mmmmmmmmmmmmm that's about it.

    You won't regret it, trust me.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    to be honest mate your hair looks fine , but you know best !

Similar Threads

  1. Can I take a whole 5 MG Finasteride pill every 5 days?
    By PatientlyWaiting in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
  2. What's a good pill splitter?
    By Adam4210 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
  3. Half a pill of propecia?
    By robberob in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Opinion-scheduled and nervous
Today 11:53 AM
Last Post By DAVE52
Today 07:56 PM
Should I shave - need truth
09-28-2016 12:00 PM
by rreidu
Last Post By DAVE52
Today 04:33 PM
UK FUT with D Krishnan Ziering
01-05-2014 09:14 AM
Last Post By leemanuel
Today 03:20 PM
Need your advise on hair system
03-28-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post By Dainty M
Today 02:07 PM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 06:52 PM
Last Post By UK_
Today 01:57 PM
reds kitchin sink products
02-21-2014 03:10 AM
by doke
Last Post By Dainty M
Today 01:52 PM