+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 176
  1. #161
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Hey brother,

    Hair is doing fine -- I think. 2-3 hairs on my hand in the shower, passing the pull test about every time. Hair seems to be doing good.

    Decided to abandon taking pictures every month, and instead will take pics at 12 months and 18 months. I'm now used to using minox, but still skip it as I am currently seeing a chick and not always alone in the evenings -- not really at the point I want her to know I'm on hair loss meds.

    Hair quality looks and feels good. Lots of hairs at the hairline, although they're not all "healthy". No sides. 1.25 fin a day, minox once or twice a day (mixing foam and liquid usage depending on what activities, or lack thereof, I have going on).

    I would actually like to disable my BTT account -- Winston? Hopefully only temporary so that I can post result pics at the previously mentioned times. Not spending time on this site has been very beneficial to my life. Climbing the professional ladder, got a girl I'm digging pretty heavy, and my social life is back full force.

    Thanks again for the inquiry. Hope you, and everyone else, are doing well.




    Another person FINALLY realizing that going bald is NOT the end and not as bad as people think...well done.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Feels good, guys. It's something you find within yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Another person FINALLY realizing that going bald is NOT the end and not as bad as people think...well done.
    It's partially that, and it's partially knowing that I'm actively treating. Stressing out as I wait for the minox and fin to do their thing isn't helpful - quite the contrary.

    I feel like spending too much time on this site conditions us to incessantly think about hair loss, when we should be focused on life.

  3. #163
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Feels good, guys. It's something you find within yourself.



    It's partially that, and it's partially knowing that I'm actively treating. Stressing out as I wait for the minox and fin to do their thing isn't helpful - quite the contrary.

    I feel like spending too much time on this site conditions us to incessantly think about hair loss, when we should be focused on life.
    Same conclusion I made. Life is better.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Another person FINALLY realizing that going bald is NOT the end and not as bad as people think...well done.
    I don't think he realizes that at all. I think his mind is at ease knowing he is doing everything he can to keep his hair. He isn't giving up he battle with hair loss, he is just not going to obsess about it anymore.

  5. #165
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I don't think he realizes that at all. I think his mind is at ease knowing he is doing everything he can to keep his hair. He isn't giving up he battle with hair loss, he is just not going to obsess about it anymore.



    Im sure he realizes going bald is not the end dude hence how he is finally going out socially and got himself a GF etc if thats not proof that going bald is NOT the end then i dont know what is...fair does about when i said not as bad as people think though i suppose if he dont think that that is.

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    You're both right. Just ordered more fin and minox liquid. The battle continues on my scalp, not beneath it.

  7. #167
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    You're both right. Just ordered more fin and minox liquid. The battle continues on my scalp, not beneath it.
    Regardless of the reason for leaving. I think you are doing the right thing. Stressing about hair loss blows, and such an effin waste of time. Treat it like you are doing and put it on the back burner. You will be missed around here. A level headed poster on these forums is sometimes hard to find. Hopefully you will drop by every now and then and give your input.

  8. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Great stuff BT. Yes I believe you are absolutely right about prowling the forums serves to just weigh on your mind the issue. Theres truths in surrounding yourself with positivity vs negativity. I experience joy when I am present in the now, in flow of living, such as participating in sports and hobbies, or hanging out with friends or girls. I dont think forums are redundant, as people do need help here and there are people in a position to help them, but I dont consider myself either of those groups.

    I thought you should know I have arranged to meet Dr. Feriduni of Belgium, in London, for an FUE consultation in a few weeks. I will post my experience I should think, I am excited

    Apologies for lack of apostrophe, my keyboard is busted!

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Good luck with everything man.

    I think no matter what you gotta keep women and gym in your life, hair or no hair. Maybe it's because I'm in high school but that's all I want.

    For now I like to remind myself of the statistics whenever I realize my hair has gotten worse in some way. 90% chance? I should be happy about that.

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unk View Post
    Great stuff BT. Yes I believe you are absolutely right about prowling the forums serves to just weigh on your mind the issue. Theres truths in surrounding yourself with positivity vs negativity. I experience joy when I am present in the now, in flow of living, such as participating in sports and hobbies, or hanging out with friends or girls. I dont think forums are redundant, as people do need help here and there are people in a position to help them, but I dont consider myself either of those groups.

    I thought you should know I have arranged to meet Dr. Feriduni of Belgium, in London, for an FUE consultation in a few weeks. I will post my experience I should think, I am excited

    Apologies for lack of apostrophe, my keyboard is busted!
    Appreciate the feedback, friend.

    Good luck with your consultation and tentative HT. I'll be interested in hearing your results!


    Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Good luck with everything man.

    I think no matter what you gotta keep women and gym in your life, hair or no hair. Maybe it's because I'm in high school but that's all I want.

    For now I like to remind myself of the statistics whenever I realize my hair has gotten worse in some way. 90% chance? I should be happy about that.
    Hey, fella. I'm almost 26 and I still care about my physical appearance as much as I did in high school. The difference at my age is the women aren't as conceited (most of them anyways) and the "measure of the man" has slowly shifted towards career (income, prestige, identity), stability/confidence, ability to engage in stimulating conversation, etc.

    Better believe looks still matter, but less so than in Highschool; I don't think there's a time in our lives where we're judged more on looks than at your age.

    I'm certain you'll triumph hair loss regardless of the outcome. Never lose sight of the long-term; stay diligent in your studies, career development, social skill promotion, etc.

    I'll end with saying I'm always very impressed with dudes your age who endure this condition. It gives slightly older dudes like me a little perspective.

    Best.

Similar Threads

  1. Can I take a whole 5 MG Finasteride pill every 5 days?
    By PatientlyWaiting in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
  2. What's a good pill splitter?
    By Adam4210 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
  3. Half a pill of propecia?
    By robberob in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Opinion-scheduled and nervous
Today 11:53 AM
Last Post By Driver
Today 04:56 PM
Should I shave - need truth
09-28-2016 12:00 PM
by rreidu
Last Post By DAVE52
Today 04:33 PM
UK FUT with D Krishnan Ziering
01-05-2014 09:14 AM
Last Post By leemanuel
Today 03:20 PM
Need your advise on hair system
03-28-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post By Dainty M
Today 02:07 PM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 06:52 PM
Last Post By UK_
Today 01:57 PM
reds kitchin sink products
02-21-2014 03:10 AM
by doke
Last Post By Dainty M
Today 01:52 PM