+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    try ru on the hairline maybe?
    Not really interested in mixing/preparing anything, and not really interested in the inconvenience of topicals.

At this point, I'm just going to have to learn to embrace my soon-to-be-NW3 self. I'm just really bummed finasteride isn't doing much at 4.5 months.

I'm adding 0.5 mg duta a week in a couple days, so hopefully that helps.

We'll see where I'm at at 6 months I guess.

Honestly, I wouldn't even say your hairline is getting worse bud seriously I looked at your early pictures to more recent pics for like 5 mins I think fin is working for you. Especially cause if it wasn't your hairline would have thinner hairs around it but they are the same thickness as your baseline pics

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't even say your hairline is getting worse bud seriously I looked at your early pictures to more recent pics for like 5 mins I think fin is working for you. Especially cause if it wasn't your hairline would have thinner hairs around it but they are the same thickness as your baseline pics
    Appreciate that, but It's for sure a bit worse.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'll do a formal 6 month update (in 1 month + 2 days) with a fresh haircut, same lighting, same bathroom, etc.

Looking back at Feburary '12, it does look like I haven't lost much ground - relying on a grainy cell phone camera. Who knows, maybe I'd be bald by now without finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Appreciate that, but It's for sure a bit worse.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'll do a formal 6 month update (in 1 month + 2 days) with a fresh haircut, same lighting, same bathroom, etc.

Looking back at Feburary '12, it does look like I haven't lost much ground - relying on a grainy cell phone camera. Who knows, maybe I'd be bald by now without finasteride.
    Ye that would be the best bet to check at 6 months with exact same pose, cut, lighting etc. Yours look good though I wouldn't worry, my 6 months is gonna be in December and I am already a bit nervous hoping it will look like my baseline. Wish fin was guaranteed to work so we could take it and move on

I'm just really bummed finasteride isn't doing much at 4.5 months.
    I wouldn't expect much of anything at 4.5 months brah, more like 12-18 months. Hair loss is like one big waiting game; which is what's so painful about most if not all of today's available treatments.

Start 0.5mg dut / week tomorrow, in conjunction with 1.25 mg fin / daily.

Just ordered Kirkland minox 5% foam off Amazon. Will start that around the 15th - will apply 1 / day (night, most likely).

No reason not to pull out all the stops.

Good luck brah! I'm interested to see how this works out for you. I had considered using Minoxidil and ordered some Kirkland foam about 6 months ago. I never used it because I read reports from some people that it killed their hairlines. Mine is already fragile so I didn't want to risk for the time being but maybe after a year on Fin I may try it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Good luck brah! I'm interested to see how this works out for you. I had considered using Minoxidil and ordered some Kirkland foam about 6 months ago. I never used it because I read reports from some people that it killed their hairlines. Mine is already fragile so I didn't want to risk for the time being but maybe after a year on Fin I may try it if needed.
    Yeah, my hairline's already shot. At this point I just want enough to frame my face and not have it be transparent.

Start 0.5mg dut / week tomorrow, in conjunction with 1.25 mg fin / daily.

Just ordered Kirkland minox 5% foam off Amazon. Will start that around the 15th - will apply 1 / day (night, most likely).

No reason not to pull out all the stops.
    You already know this, but you need to be prepared for major shedding when you start dut+minox around the same time. It might not be that bad, but the possibility is there.

It is one thing to know it in theory and another thing to live it. My dut shed is not "horrible" but it is definitely significant and has taken a serious toll on my outlook/mood

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You already know this, but you need to be prepared for major shedding when you start dut+minox around the same time. It might not be that bad, but the possibility is there.

It is one thing to know it in theory and another thing to live it. My dut shed is not "horrible" but it is definitely significant and has taken a serious toll on my outlook/mood

Good luck!
    Would you expect it to be different from my fin shed? At this point, I have mostly given up - just nuking all DHT.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if minox shedding operates through a different mechanism than dht-inhibition (thoughts?), but fin and dut should be similar?

Btw, popped dut this morning and felt nothing. No prostate ache or anything (like when starting fin).