Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Next 10 years

What do you guys think is going to be the future of hair loss treatment... in 10 years?

Aderans?
    Histogen?
    Hair multiplication?
    Hair cloning?
    Dr. Gho's HST?
    accidental finding?

Finasteride and minoxidil?
    • Oct 2011

As long as people even buy something like this ...

... everything you mention will not only persist - it will increase.

It can and it will increase, because there will always be 1000s of desperate idiots who will even support every fraud - whether it works or not.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Okay, I'm respectfully trying to have a serious thread about future treatments. I would appreciate it if you took your sarcasm and depressing vibe somewhere else. Thank you.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Are you one of those 1000s of desperate ...forget it.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 534623
          Are you one of those 1000s of desperate ...forget it.
          No I'm one of the reasonable ones that has some hope and uses logical things like statistics from proven trials to form my opinions. I am a nw 2 and on finasteride so I'm not worried now at all, just looking to see what is coming next.

Comment

• dex89
            • Jul 2012

accidental finding...

Comment

• baldy1990
              • Jan 2013

1) will they are going to be safe or they will have side effects,how can i be sure of their effect in my body
              2)in 10 years maybe i'll have lost most of my hair,so what's the point.Any bald guy dont want the cures cause the ones in the early stage will be able to keep their hair while the others will have to stay with their bald head
              3)If will have a cure the companies of ht will have great damage,so even if the do know the cure they wont give it to the market

Comment

• Kirby_
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                What do you guys think is going to be the future of hair loss treatment... in 10 years?

Aderans?
                Histogen?
                Hair multiplication?
                Hair cloning?
                Dr. Gho's HST?
                accidental finding?

Finasteride and minoxidil?
                No idea, but I can see why the old-timers are so pessimistic. So many false promises and no progress.

IMO, Fin/Dut and Minox will be obsolete by 2023, but still be used by some because they'll be dirt cheap(er).

One high end super-treatment will 'make it' and blow away hair transplants.

I'd like to imagine that Histogen succeeds and becomes as affordable and ubiquitous as laser eye surgery, but that might be too optimistic.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

I should probably add BHT in there as well..I think we will see better success in transplanted body hair as it seems to be slowing coming into the game for adding some density or as a last resort.. Dr. Umar has some good examples of BHT

Comment

• Kirby_
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by dex89
                    accidental finding...
                    Coming back to this, I was hoping that the PGD2 discovery would lead to this. As in an accidental discovery of something that would help us out, but would already be readily available...

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Kirby_
                      No idea, but I can see why the old-timers are so pessimistic. So many false promises and no progress.

IMO, Fin/Dut and Minox will be obsolete by 2023, but still be used by some because they'll be dirt cheap(er).

One high end super-treatment will 'make it' and blow away hair transplants.

I'd like to imagine that Histogen succeeds and becomes as affordable and ubiquitous as laser eye surgery, but that might be too optimistic.
                      come one...there's definitely been some progress, we are close to some better treatments than propecia and minox...probably 5 years for that

Comment

• Desmond84
                        • Oct 2012

I say in 10 years we will have unlimited donor supplies...

True Hair multiplication will come to fruition...

Tsuji Labs and/or Dr Lauster will finally solve our problem!

Histogen and Aderans will keep the hair we have in the meantime and allow those unwilling to go down the Finasteride path to have an alternative option!

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
                          I say in 10 years we will have unlimited donor supplies...

True Hair multiplication will come to fruition...

Tsuji Labs and/or Dr Lauster will finally solve our problem!

Histogen and Aderans will keep the hair we have in the meantime and allow those unwilling to go down the Finasteride path to have an alternative option!

What makes you so confident in hm? have you researched it quite a bit?

Comment

• Desmond84
                            • Oct 2012

What are our thoughts now on the next 10 years?

Aderans: After tweaking their Ji Gami formula 11 times over 6 years and 450 trial subjects they have NOT released one decent photo! They have also been in silent mode for the last 8 months!

Replicel: There's a lot of uncertainties about their potential and as we have learned, they still have a lot to show before we can believe in them!

Histogen: Although a decent therapy, it will not be a stand-alone treatment. A DHT inhibitor will still be required.

CB-03-01: Probably the most realistic treatment to halt hairloss in the coming years! Yet, we still don't know its side-effect profile as it is a "steroid" and may have potential side effects particularly when used on a long-term basis!

PGD2 Blockers: No one is really working on releasing these for hairloss!

Lauster: Moved on with microchip technology!

Tsuji Team: May become available in the next 10 years BUT there's a lot of work to be done! For example, where are they going to grow the hair germs before implanting the newly formed hairs? In mice, they injected it in the kidney's of mice...what will be their growth medium for humans?

Comment

• clandestine
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
                              Desmond mate; Not unwilling. No.

Those unable. There are those of us who have been willing, have taken fin, and have been proven unable. Many of us cannot tolerate finasteride, and other DHT blockers. We're left with few options.

Sorry, but this distinction is terribly important.

Comment

Working...