+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I think the best approach is to no longer follow upcoming treatments TOO CLOSELY! There is really not much happening until 2020! Just live our lives and hope for the best!

Find a girl that doesn't care about your hair and I'm sure there's tons out there (but most probably passed the age of 25)

Get married have kids and hopefully sometimes in our lifetime we'll have what we've been wishing for!

Hair transplants at this point are a no go for me personally as we don't have an unlimited donor supply (unless you are willing to take Finasteride for the next 10+ years, which some do...)

Scarless FUE is irrelevant when your hairloss can still progress without fin! Even Gho is NOT able to to completely restore a NW5 without running out of donor hair at this point in time!
    HTS to restore the front frame.. and shave so you have that darker shade to it is better than the horseshoe look.. regardless if you go bald between.

HT's are still worth it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Clandestine, I feel for you brother! And believe me if things stay like this I wont be taking Finasteride for much longer!

I only took it hoping that one of these upcoming treatments will manage to halt my hairloss without the need to alter my hormonal chemistry! It seems however, MPB is a far more complicated disease than any of our scientists ever imagined!

BTW, I will definitely change my terminology...thx for pointing it out
    Exactly my thoughts. I just wait for CB phase 2 results (March 2015), then decide to wait for release or if CB fails, I consider to shave and leave this forum forever. I mean it makes really no sense to take FIN another 5 to 10 years after 2015, only to wait for true HM. Another treatment is not in sight or not promising enough.

And to be honest, its even hard to think about taking FIN another 4 years and I only take twice a week 0.25mg like Desmond. I hate me everyday for taking it. My libido is down + my gf is really hot = just wtf am I doing. She would never leave me even if I shave, she doesnt care that much. Its only me, no one would care. Is it worth to live 4 years in my twenties with a low libido? One of my best friends is nearly bald, but dude he looks like Ljungberg, his libido is so damn high and he meets girls every weekend. I go out with him with hair on my head, but my libido is so low, I dont even mind to flirt with other girls. Just WTF

Next 10 years = Fin + Minox, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavebeenchosenithasbegun View Post
    Next 10 years = Fin + Minox, that's it.
    And for those who don't want to chemically castrate themselves that means only Minox But again, interesting developments are happening in the HT industry. Let's follow Dr Nigam's test and the one that Dr Mousseigne is doing this wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    The improvement in the next few years will only come in the HT industry. Dr Nigams just did a very interesting test, Dr Mousseigne will start a 50 graft test this wednesday, so those will be interesting to follow. If someday (hopefully soon) regrowth of 80% really can be achieved (and documented/proven properly), then that's going to be a huge breakthrough.

But yeah, other than that, the (near) future looks quite dark ...
    exactly..that could give a full head of hair..

Guys don't get so down on yourselves...histogen could be a fin alternative!!!! that means we can maintain, and all we have to do is get the frontal region fixed! I think you guys are taking this too harshly...plus they can still improve!

Not only that, if CB is what it has showed it could be...in 3 years we could have a treatment 10x better than fin!

There are many things in the works! Just live your lives right now and check back here every few weeks/months...

and then we have replicel....a huge investment was recently made in them, and Spencer himself thinks they will have the cure in the next 10 years!

It`s just the damn uncertainty that drives me crazy. If I would know for sure that lets say in 4 years Replicel or CB comes out and I could from then on maintain my hair forever with no or few sides, dude I would even take Fin for that 4 years with zero libido and manboobs. I wouldnt care. I would remove my boobs after starting CB and live my life like nothing happened :P :P

But to take FIN another years only to find out if CB / replicel etc. may potentially work, is really really frustrating.

And to see that even Desmond lost hope for next 5-10 years and considers dropping FIN broke my neck...

Btw. Desmond, what do you think about RU? Would it be a possibility for you after dropping FIN?

On the other hand, if I would drop FIN now, and CB is really working and coming to market in 4-5 years, I would hate myself for dropping FIN and losing probably tons of hairs.

CB is just another AA with the primary goal of maintaining what you have...

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Aderans: looks more like a failure than a success, unless proven, I would not expect them to reach anything

Replicel: got a lot of money. Still 5 years to see if that was worth it. Another 5 years if it is succesful to reach the market. So a long way

Histogen: Done. Let's be realistics, it's intercytex all over again

CB: The only real option to have a treatment in 5 years, even if it is in acne form

PGD2 Blocker, Lauster, Tsuji: Theory. Theory is not going to regrow your hair in 10 years. Might turn in the treatments of the future, but they are still theory
    More useless uninformed speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    More useless uninformed speculation.
    i agree

Agree, bun you bigentries.