+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 10 years

No worries bratha, I'm just venting. A little mad, as we all are at this point.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post
    I hope not. But look at it lol.

CB is really it. CB and some HT's... that's what we got.
    HT's with greatly expanded donor supply will be the next big thing. I don't feel it's anything to scoff at. If transplants can routinely be accomplished with 10-20k grafts (provided the tech gets to that point), then i think that will be very good for all except the most extreme cases of balding. Anyone NW5 or less would be set.

I'm not a huge fan of transplants, i think even the very good ones look just a little "off". But, they certainly look a lot better than having a slap head.

I don't believe the cellular approach will pan out. Aderans and Replicel are both struggling with it.

Histogen ...meh

Follica...dead

It's been an enlightening year for us. I didn't think a year could be worse than 2012, in terms of hair therapy, but, here it is.

Lets see what the French guy can do and maybe Nigam hair doubling, or the other guy going underneath the skin for grafts. That's about it, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Aderans: looks more like a failure than a success, unless proven, I would not expect them to reach anything

Replicel: got a lot of money. Still 5 years to see if that was worth it. Another 5 years if it is succesful to reach the market. So a long way

Histogen: Done. Let's be realistics, it's intercytex all over again

CB: The only real option to have a treatment in 5 years, even if it is in acne form

PGD2 Blocker, Lauster, Tsuji: Theory. Theory is not going to regrow your hair in 10 years. Might turn in the treatments of the future, but they are still theory
    I think so too, similarities with intercytex are striking. I doubt Histogen will find an investor, based on these results, and then it's just game over Histogen.

It's time to come to terms with hairloss I suppose! Just like our fathers, grandfathers, etc...

<SIGH>

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    It's time to come to terms with hairloss I suppose! Just like our fathers, grandfathers, etc...

<SIGH>
    Nah, I still have faith in Jahoda et al, Desmond ! They're way ahead of Team Tokyo (after having implanted that bio generated follicle onto human skin). But still, also probably 6-10 years away...

<SIGH>
    The problem with that approach is that our fathers, grandfathers, etc., never came to terms with hairloss.

If men in the old times still struggled with hair loss, I don't see how you can expect young men in a more shallow world to accept they are going bald

All hope is not lost, but I don't look forward to wait until I'm 50 for something that can really regrow hair

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Nah, I still have faith in Jahoda et al, Desmond ! They're way ahead of Team Tokyo (after having implanted that bio generated follicle onto human skin). But still, also probably 6-10 years away...
    Yeah, but Arashi just doing Phase 1-3 + Approval takes 6-7 years! Don't also forget, they still have to complete their proof of concept studies which is another 2-3 years! This makes their product release date somewhere around 2023!

Aderans may pick up on this new discovery and give it a shot but I doubt it...they seem beaten and bruised!

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    The problem with that approach is that our fathers, grandfathers, etc., never came to terms with hairloss.

If men in the old times still struggled with hair loss, I don't see how you can expect young men in a more shallow world to accept they are going bald

All hope is not lost, but I don't look forward to wait until I'm 50 for something that can really regrow hair
    +1

10char

I think the best approach is to no longer follow upcoming treatments TOO CLOSELY! There is really not much happening until 2020! Just live our lives and hope for the best!

Find a girl that doesn't care about your hair and I'm sure there's tons out there (but most probably passed the age of 25)

Get married have kids and hopefully sometimes in our lifetime we'll have what we've been wishing for!

Hair transplants at this point are a no go for me personally as we don't have an unlimited donor supply (unless you are willing to take Finasteride for the next 10+ years, which some do...)

Scarless FUE is irrelevant when your hairloss can still progress without fin! Even Gho is NOT able to to completely restore a NW5 without running out of donor hair at this point in time!

I think the best approach is to no longer follow upcoming treatments TOO CLOSELY! There is really not much happening until 2020! Just live our lives and hope for the best!

Find a girl that doesn't care about your hair and I'm sure there's tons out there (but most probably passed the age of 25)

Get married have kids and hopefully sometimes in our lifetime we'll have what we've been wishing for!

Hair transplants at this point are a no go for me personally as we don't have an unlimited donor supply (unless you are willing to take Finasteride for the next 10+ years, which some do...)

Scarless FUE is irrelevant when your hairloss can still progress without fin! Even Gho is NOT able to to completely restore a NW5 without running out of donor hair at this point in time!
    The improvement in the next few years will only come in the HT industry. Dr Nigams just did a very interesting test, Dr Mousseigne will start a 50 graft test this wednesday, so those will be interesting to follow. If someday (hopefully soon) regrowth of 80&#37; really can be achieved (and documented/proven properly), then that's going to be a huge breakthrough.

But yeah, other than that, the (near) future looks quite dark ...