+ Reply to Thread

Default Histogen Vs Aderans

Out of these two Herberts who do you reckon is going to come out on top!?

Best treatment?
    Best Results?
    Availability?
    Cost?

My guess is results will be similar. Maybe even be able to combine the two over time. Histogen will probably be cheaper cause it doesn't require multiple visits for 1 injection.

Smile

How do you reckon they are going to go about treating people? Maybe like going to the doctors surgery for an appointment?! I I know is for the amount of money that has been invested in both parties there must be something pretty promising on the horizon, because you dont go chucking that about on a whim.

I would assume that Histogen would just be like a visit to the dermatologist. Will only require injections into your scalp. Aderans is a bit more involved since they have to take a skin biopsy but a dermatologist could probably do that too. Maybe Aderans will just rely on hair surgeons though.

- All guesses.

Or maybe both will be a specialized process you have to goto a hair loss doctor for.

It depends on whether Histogen does in fact stop existing hair from falling out. Unfortunately for most on this forum, people feel that regrowth is the cure for hairloss, but for every single kid under the age of 20, If Histogen does in fact stop existing hair falling out, then virtually everyone has the ability to avoid MPB.

This is obviously less helpful to current norwood 6's but anyone who is a norwood 5 or less can effectively halt their hairloss and fix the remainder with a transplant.

Histogen has also shown some degree of regrowth which hopefully makes a cosmetic difference and would improve the end result, but I feel that potentially halting hairloss permanently is the major sticking point.

Different uses from what I've seen/read about them.

Histogen is the more interesting of the two, causing decent growth early in the trials, will be very interesting to see the results a year from now or even in a few months. Histogen is mainly about growth, which means it may need to be combined with something that stablizes it.

Which brings us to aderans, which from what I read seems like a perfect replacement for fin. Works for 60% of the subjects(due to genetic markings or whatever) and essentially makes the hair follicles resistant to this MPB gene(It's much more complicated than that, but someone else can explain it better).

Aderans may cause small regrowth for some, but it's mainly about permanent(hopefully) maintanence. Histogen is meant for actually growing hair. Pair them together(+min) and you may have a great combo.