Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hairmax lux 9 question, please help

I am a 21 year old who has some thinning hair on my crown and the hairline, my regimen is spectral dnc-n and fin every other day (I felt less of a sex drive so I switched it, any thoughts on that?) I am thinking of getting the hairmax lux 9, I'm just scared it will make things worst...money is no issue so please spare that, I just wanna know if its risky and your thoughts, thanks a lot everyone! I read that the 9 is the best one and that's why I chose that one!

Walk over to the garbage and throw $400 into it, you will get the same results as buying a laser comb. Or you could just send the $400 to my paypal account...

Also I have heard of several people switching to every other day with fin and having the same results as taking it everyday. Take pictures and monitor your progress

Has anyone on here had anything from those laser combs, I see a lot of people use them on here?

Quote Originally Posted by phlifter View Post
    I am thinking of getting the hairmax lux 9, I'm just scared it will make things worst...
    The laser comb does work - but it doesn't work for everyone. I use it myself and I have gained benefit from using it. So has my sister - and so have many other women I have chatted with since joining this forum and the Women's Hair Loss Project. I have not chatted with very many men who have gained benefit from using it though. With that said I am currently under the impression that it probably works better for women than it does for men.

If you do decide to give it a try, make sure to get it directly through Hairmax. That way you will get the money back guarantee. The time frame of the guarantee they offer is sufficient to determine if you are benefiting from using it or not. If it does not give you the benefit you expect, just send it back within that time frame for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Walk over to the garbage and throw $400 into it, you will get the same results as buying a laser comb.
    This is not a true statement.

Walk over to the garbage and throw $400 into it, you will get the same results as buying a laser comb.
    Really? I have only chatted with a few members of this forum who have actually tried it. Most of those who claim the laser comb does absolutely nothing have not even tried it. So take those statements that claim it does nothing with a grain of salt. Take my statements with a grain of salt as well. As I stated above, I do believe it probably works better for women than it does for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The laser comb does work - but it doesn't work for everyone. I use it myself and I have gained benefit from using it. So has my sister - and so have many other women I have chatted with since joining this forum and the Women's Hair Loss Project. I have not chatted with very many men who have gained benefit from using it though. With that said I am currently under the impression that it probably works better for women than it does for men.

If you do decide to give it a try, make sure to get it directly through Hairmax. That way you will get the money back guarantee. The time frame of the guarantee they offer is sufficient to determine if you are benefiting from using it or not. If it does not give you the benefit you expect, just send it back within that time frame for a refund.

Really? I have only chatted with a few members of this forum who have actually tried it. Most of those who claim the laser comb does absolutely nothing have not even tried it. So take those statements that claim it does nothing with a grain of salt. Take my statements with a grain of salt as well. As I stated above, I do believe it probably works better for women than it does for men.
    i think i'll give it a try,but i'm kind afraid cause it is laser,is it completly safe for the skin or does it have something that makes you dependent.Also how long do you use it

What I said is most definitely a true statement. Laser light therapy does zero for mpb, period. I believe that there are some benefits in terms of healing, like for example after someone has a transplant and possibly helps with overall hair health, but it will do jack to help with mpb. I could see it maybe working better for women than for men but the op is a man, so...

I have used the hairmax comb religiously for almost a year in the past all it did was waste my time and lighten my wallet. I also under went treatment with a commercial laser 3 times a week for about 6 months and there was zero benefit. Don't waste your time or money

What I said is most definitely a true statement.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    i think i'll give it a try,but i'm kind afraid cause it is laser,is it completly safe for the skin or does it have something that makes you dependent.Also how long do you use it
    The company that makes the Hairmax laser comb has had to prove both safety and efficacy multiple times - and they have done so successfully multiple times. I've been using mine since November of 2007, which was long before it was cleared for treating FPB. My sister got hers six months later after seeing how much it helped with my hair. In all this time, neither of us have had any problems from using it. I haven't heard or read from anyone else who had a problem from using it. My sister and I both use it every other day for about 10 to 15 minutes. 10 to 15 minutes is plenty of time to treat your whole scalp.

The company that makes the Hairmax laser comb has had to prove both safety and efficacy multiple times - and they have done so successfully multiple times. I've been using mine since November of 2007, which was long before it was cleared for treating FPB. My sister got hers six months later after seeing how much it helped with my hair. In all this time, neither of us have had any problems from using it. I haven't heard or read from anyone else who had a problem from using it. My sister and I both use it every other day for about 10 to 15 minutes. 10 to 15 minutes is plenty of time to treat your whole scalp.
    what type of hairloss do you have?and what has it done for you,did it thicken your hair

Thumbs up

As an adjunct therapy to Propecia / Minoxidil it may be of some use to hair quality and to a lesser extent hair retention. This is a personal view based on experience!

If you have those modest goals, you could consider a purchase, just don't expect miracles!