Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

stay with the tried and true which is minoxidil, proscar, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    what type of hairloss do you have?and what has it done for you,did it thicken your hair
    I have common androgenetic alopecia. Both MPB and FPB run very strong on my mother’s side of the family. My primary care doctor told me about the laser comb in the fall of 2007. It had just received FDA clearance not long before that. So I bought one and gave it a try. My hair did thicken up and the quality of my hair improved noticeably. I did not tell anybody back then that I started treating my hair loss, yet everyone in my life noticed the improvement in my hair and commented about it. Obviously, they also asked how I did it. Back at that time, the laser comb was the only treatment I was using. So this improvement cannot be associated with anything else other than using my laser comb. My sister is also suffering with androgenetic alopecia. She bought herself a laser comb after seeing the improvement in my hair. My sister experienced the same benefits as I have.

The laser comb does not work for everyone – but it does work. What LLLT does is it increases the caliber of the hair you have. It increases the strength of the hair that you have. It improves the quality of the hair that you have. It also makes your hair grow faster. This includes hair that grows back from using Minoxidil. Guys may not be able to appreciate the benefits of those four things – but a woman certainly can. I have continued to use my laser comb since the day I received it - and I intend to keep using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I have common androgenetic alopecia. Both MPB and FPB run very strong on my mother’s side of the family. My primary care doctor told me about the laser comb in the fall of 2007. It had just received FDA clearance not long before that. So I bought one and gave it a try. My hair did thicken up and the quality of my hair improved noticeably. I did not tell anybody back then that I started treating my hair loss, yet everyone in my life noticed the improvement in my hair and commented about it. Obviously, they also asked how I did it. Back at that time, the laser comb was the only treatment I was using. So this improvement cannot be associated with anything else other than using my laser comb. My sister is also suffering with androgenetic alopecia. She bought herself a laser comb after seeing the improvement in my hair. My sister experienced the same benefits as I have.

The laser comb does not work for everyone – but it does work. What LLLT does is it increases the caliber of the hair you have. It increases the strength of the hair that you have. It improves the quality of the hair that you have. It also makes your hair grow faster. This includes hair that grows back from using Minoxidil. Guys may not be able to appreciate the benefits of those four things – but a woman certainly can. I have continued to use my laser comb since the day I received it - and I intend to keep using it.
    did you have problem in your temples area?and did it it help you there.Now i start thinking that maybe cause gys keep their hair short can tell the differrence

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    did you have problem in your temples area?and did it it help you there.Now i start thinking that maybe cause gys keep their hair short can tell the differrence
    My problem has been behind my hair line. This is my sisters problem as well. My mother, aunts and female cousins on the other hand lost their hair from the hair line back just like guys with the "A" type of MPB do.

I am not sure if the length of hair matters but it is a good thought. It just might matter. I'm going to ponder over that for a while.

here is a discussion posted by a very well respected transplant surgeon:

http://www dot hair restoration network dot com/eve/150351-list-doctors-who-consider-lllt-quackary.html
    (remove the bold dot and the spaces in the above link, so stupid we can't post certain links)

I have never seen any legitimate before and after photos that justify the cost of LLLT. Like I said previously I have used both at home and commercial LLLT and it was a complete waste of time. I can see how someone could convince themselves of results after spending the money, but it is garbage. To the op, do what you want, but don't expect much

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I can see how someone could convince themselves of results after spending the money...
    Explain how others can see improvement. If you had read my post about it, you would have read that everyone in my life noticed the improvement in my hair. Even though I didn't tell anyone that I was doing anything about my hair loss. My own sister even bought one for herself based on the improvement she saw in my hair. You cannot explain that away.

LLLT does work - but it does not work for everyone. Yes, there are doctors who will refuse to accept any benefit from LLLT at all. But there are other well respected hair restoration doctors who have seen their patients benefit from LLLT. It is not garbage to everyone - but the price is too high. I'll give you that much - but no more.

Explain how others can see improvement. If you had read my post about it, you would have read that everyone in my life noticed the improvement in my hair. Even though I didn't tell anyone that I was doing anything about my hair loss. My own sister even bought one for herself based on the improvement she saw in my hair. You cannot explain that away.

LLLT does work - but it does not work for everyone. Yes, there are doctors who will refuse to accept any benefit from LLLT at all. But there are other well respected hair restoration doctors who have seen their patients benefit from LLLT. It is not garbage to everyone - but the price is too high. I'll give you that much - but no more.
    Well I think we can agree to disagree. I appreciate your opinion and am happy you have found LLLT beneficial. Regardless I think this debate was helpful for the op and others as I think we have effectively laid out both schools of thought regarding LLLT.

The company that makes the Hairmax laser comb has had to prove both safety and efficacy multiple times - and they have done so successfully multiple times.
    Could you post these studies please?

Why should i use it on the entire head?

well if i just only use it on the temples and in front it would save me a lot of time and would only take me 1-2 minutes.Can i do that?

also is there any dependance i mean do hair folices become dependent on the laser and must use it for life?I dont want to quit laser and end up worse

This whole notion of dependence is a point of great misunderstanding. Hereditary hair loss is a progressive condition that continues to do it's thing all your life. That means that whatever you do to treat your hereditary hair loss, regardless of what you do, you will need to keep doing it for the rest of your life. Whether you treat the problem or not, the condition is going to keep trying to progress. Treating it makes it more difficult for the condition to progress.