+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Frustrated with fin/dut

Started using fin 13 years ago and it did a great job with keeping what I had with very minimal thinning but just last year noticed it not having the same effect so switched over to dut. The frustrating part was that I figured dut would stop it dead in its tracks but my hair has continually thinned. I have very fine hair and ppl would comment as of last summer how great my hair looked and how much I have (even tho I had a neg self image and thought differently) but now I can start to see thru it. Really frustrating since I've put so much time, $$$ and effort into the battle. Anyone else have poor results with dut? Only been on it for about 3 months so hoping that the longer I'm on it will start seeing better results. Thanks

Has anything else changed in your life recently, like increased stress, health problems, etc?

No not really. I did have a few stressful moments but nothing too serious tha I think would cause issues. As for health, I'm extremely tired since taking dut but my blood work has been normal.

Inactive

If I were in your shoes, I would look into using a topical anti-androgen in combination with dut. AFAIK, the strongest "available" is RU. Not many use it here so I'd go to *** or HLH and read up. Using RU and dut makes it nearly impossible to lose ground from what I've read.

Thanks I will def look into it

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Rrjc View Post
    Thanks I will def look into it
    Make no mistake, it is a huge pain since it is expensive and unstable (you have to mix it yourself and keep it cold). But there are solid studies backing its efficacy and many on other forums have had a lot of success with it. One guy (el dut on either *** or HLH, can't remember) is maintaining on RU and minox only (after years of fin and duta use).

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Make no mistake, it is a huge pain since it is expensive and unstable (you have to mix it yourself and keep it cold). But there are solid studies backing its efficacy and many on other forums have had a lot of success with it. One guy (el dut on either *** or HLH, can't remember) is maintaining on RU and minox only (after years of fin and duta use).
    There's no studies on RU (real name something like RU-8274771266).

You buy it online from god knows who and mix it yourself, give me a break lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrjc View Post
    Started using fin 13 years ago and it did a great job with keeping what I had with very minimal thinning but just last year noticed it not having the same effect so switched over to dut. The frustrating part was that I figured dut would stop it dead in its tracks but my hair has continually thinned. I have very fine hair and ppl would comment as of last summer how great my hair looked and how much I have (even tho I had a neg self image and thought differently) but now I can start to see thru it. Really frustrating since I've put so much time, $$$ and effort into the battle. Anyone else have poor results with dut? Only been on it for about 3 months so hoping that the longer I'm on it will start seeing better results. Thanks
    I find this rather interesting. Seems like you got 13 good years out of fin which probably puts you at early 30s at the minimum.

I have nothing really constructive to add to treatments, since the big 3 is all that is really known to work, but I think 13 years is a pretty damn good length of time. Should I maintain my hair for 13 years, I'll land at the ripe age of 38 (Wow, that's only 13 years away!!!), and will be beyond delighted.

13 years is great but I'm sure when it's worked for you for that long and then stops you won't just be happy for the 13 years and then be ok with it. I'm in a career where keeping my hair is beneficial and even if it wasn't I'd still want to try and keep it.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    There's no studies on RU (real name something like RU-8274771266).

You buy it online from god knows who and mix it yourself, give me a break lol.
    There has been a fair amount of studies. The makers noted similar results to finasteride. I know several legit sources and you have to mix it yourself because it is unstable. That's probably the reason it never made it to market.