+ Reply to Thread

Default How do you react to your hairloss

this thread is for you to say how this affects you and simple why do you care i've just red a similar topic here http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=96258

is he scorpion the maker?

so me,it's not only about women it's about me first,i dont feel good

-The inside doesnt fit with the outside
    -I'm feeling like i'm getting prematurely older,i always and still look a bit younger but i am about to seem older,i cant deal with that
    -I'll never be as attractive without hair,the more i'm balding the worst
    -Women will not like me and find me cute,not attractive,i have to try hard to take their attention and pretty ones will be out of my league for sure,i'll never be able to date a young woman
    -Life has many problems to worry about and i'm struggling to cope with them,i dont have space to worry for that
    -I feel inferior and jealous for the ones that have thick and healthy hair
    -I feel the pressure to live now cause of my hair ,youth and appearance are going away
    -I'll not be able to take photos and videos of myself like i did.
    -I'll never feel as i did in the past,i'll not be able to be dreamy and feel complete happiness,cause there always be this stab in my heart
    -The majority of bald men have insecurity about this and low confidence,i dont have the chance to be on the other side cause of me thinking this way
    -Every time i look in the mirror i get anxious cause i cant style my hair and when they are wet i feel more panic,when i take a shower i cant feel a strong volume and that gives me a panic
    -Every failure i'll have in the opposite sex will always make me think my baldness
    -I'm worrying if someone says something about my looks,even if he doesnt give a straight comment about my baldness,i'll think about my baldness
    -I cant change it,i'll live with that the rest of my life.

the list can continues but all i want to say for the ones who make fun of people who are feeling suicidal about their hairloss think again before judge them.Every man reacts differently and thinks differently,that's why many call baldness a disease,it is for some,these thoughts can lead you to a deep deppresion anxiety,you can feel hopeless .And some people shouldnt get bald cause it's too far for them but yes a lot of other things shouldnt happen but baldness is a form of a disease cause it can ruin your self-esteem and the quality of your life,the same way a disease affects your quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    this thread is for you to say how this affects you and simple why do you care i've just red a similar topic here http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=96258

i
    -I'll never be as attractive without hair,the more i'm balding the worst
    -Women will not like me and find me cute,not attractive,i have to try hard to take their attention and pretty ones will be out of my league for sure,i'll never be able to date a young woman
    I am not going to say this is common because it probably is not, but not all attractive young women hate mpb. Had a "friend" who asked me not to fight it as it was natural and normal. She was about 23-24 at the time fwiw.

the list can continues but all i want to say for the ones who make fun of people who are feeling suicidal about their hairloss think again before judge them

FWIW it will get better with time. Only real serious teasing was at end of high school.

As time goes on it will become less and less of a problem with women. I do not really know why, only that it does.

For me it started when I was around 16-17. It wasn't that bad, but at the time I felt very depressed. I'd say that I'm around a NW2 now at 21. I have a nice full head of straight hair otherwise, and a strong frontal forelock (which is or is not a good thing depending on who you ask).

When I was about 18 or 19 I grew my hair fairly long, but I saw it in a photo one day and it looked absolutely terrible. I tore the photograph in half and cut my hair much shorter. It's never been that long since.

Whilst there is the hair for disguise, I'm not really in to it. I like to think that I work around my hair...shortcomings rather than cover them up. Also, with this approach I don't need to worry about the wind showing me up, or people seeing me without my hair styled.

I also go to a fairly expensive salon for my hair cuts, and it's incredible what they can do with your hair. I was a little embarrassed about it at first, but I just bit the bullet and told the stylist, "Look, I like to look good. I have nice clothes, nice this and that, but my hair looks like shit because my local barbers can't cut hair for shit". The stylist said, "Okay, let's do this", and I've been happy with my hair ever since. Despite my receeding hairline, my hair style is a lot more intricate than most guys I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuck View Post
    For me it started when I was around 16-17. It wasn't that bad, but at the time I felt very depressed. I'd say that I'm around a NW2 now at 21. I have a nice full head of straight hair otherwise, and a strong frontal forelock (which is or is not a good thing depending on who you ask).

When I was about 18 or 19 I grew my hair fairly long, but I saw it in a photo one day and it looked absolutely terrible. I tore the photograph in half and cut my hair much shorter. It's never been that long since.

Whilst there is the hair for disguise, I'm not really in to it. I like to think that I work around my hair...shortcomings rather than cover them up. Also, with this approach I don't need to worry about the wind showing me up, or people seeing me without my hair styled.

I also go to a fairly expensive salon for my hair cuts, and it's incredible what they can do with your hair. I was a little embarrassed about it at first, but I just bit the bullet and told the stylist, "Look, I like to look good. I have nice clothes, nice this and that, but my hair looks like shit because my local barbers can't cut hair for shit". The stylist said, "Okay, let's do this", and I've been happy with my hair ever since. Despite my receeding hairline, my hair style is a lot more intricate than most guys I see.
    Hey Zuck, I'm just wondering how have you stayed at norwood 2 from 16/17~21? Have you stayed natural or gotten on meds? I'm 15 and see a Norwood 1.5 in the mirror, and just want some tips on how you did it. My family is filled with slow receders, so I'm not sure I'll have to do anything for it to be a slow process, but any advice will be thankfully accepted.

I'm afraid I am completely natural. As I said, my recession started at 16/17. Unfortunately, I haven't really documented my hair loss and don't keep many pictures, so I can't say how much different it is now than it was then.

It doesn't seem to be getting much worse at the moment, thankfully, but we'll see what happens.

My dad is a NW3 Vertex at 50 and inexplicably doesn't seem to be aware that he has a receeding hairline. My grandfather is pushing 90 and is NWVA. They're both very comfortable with their hair, or lack-thereof.

My only advice would be try not to worry too much about it, and don't try to compensate for the parts your missing with the hair you have.

I hear what you are saying baldy. I can see you are taking it pretty hard. It does suck. When I first noticed in my early 20's I was losing hair, it pissed me off. Would get depressed, then forget about it for a while, then see myself in the mirror. It totally sucked. Now in my mid 30's, I still don't 100% like what I see in the mirror. I will not say things got better with time, but I have just learned to accept it more. I just wish I would have acted as soon as some of you guys in here and I would be in a lot better shape(hair wise).

On a side note, I just try to focus more on other things that I can control. We can't get too stressed and overwhelmed and let everything else go to crap either. We might not the way we look now, but things can get worse. How bad will we look with in addition to being bald, we let ourselves go, stop dressing well, give up on our carrerrs, etc.