X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Dr. Lindsey 1 year out from 2400 graft female frontal case, McLean VA

Regular readers will note that I don’t push females for surgery for several reasons. First, limited donor hair quantity and quality limits overall results. Men often accept these limitations quite well, whereas women who aren’t prepared for these limitations can be quite disappointed. Second, we shave our recipient area and that can be a deal breaker for females. And third, sometimes there just isn’t enough hair to address the problem.

This lady, by virtue of her culture, was able to conceal the case completely after day 10. Although she lives in our area, I didn’t hear from her since her 1 month scar check, until a few days ago. She looks quite good. As often happens, she came in questioning why it remained so thin on the sides. Only after reviewing the limited area in which we placed grafts and that we didn’t address the sides, did she recognize the limitations of her thin and finite quantity of donor hair. On the lateral view from the right side, you can actually see rows of 2s and 3s in stark contrast to her thin side hair.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
Working...