+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    On my non-nizoral days I also use Avalon Organics Thickening Shampoo that has some (supposedly) good ingredients in, including biotin, saw palmetto, wheat protein etc. It claims to have no bad sulphates in also so I don't hesitate using it often.
    I've been using that shampoo for nearly a year now on the non nizoral days, it's a great shampoo IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    I've been using that shampoo for nearly a year now on the non nizoral days, it's a great shampoo IMO.
    Yeah I like it too, I've been using it for about 3 months - the ingredients seem good and again because its (almost) sulphate free I feel like I can use it when I want/regularly, pretty cheap too

This is where I am at.

I dont smoke, drink or do drugs.

I dont eat any processed food such as bread or pasta (ok i cheat a bit on the pasta when my wife entices me with her yummie alfredo once a blue moon.)

I had a hair transplant on Nov 17th 2012 . I was a norwood 2 hairline but my hair on the top had thinned and I was heading to a norwood 4 or 5 in density within 5 to 10 years. No bald spot on crown yet.

So I replaced the small amount lost on my hairline to re establish it with 1333 grafts a half inch across my forehead. After 2/ 1/2 months very impressed with recipient area totally healed . Donor area a thin line I cant even find it in my hair anymore . Probably wont see it again until I shave it low enough.

I used normal 1/2 shampoo 1/2 conditioner daily but have switched to 1mg norizol. I havent had any itching since switching shampoos.

I then went and got 'toppik' to attack the thinning behind the hairline. This stuff is great but It feels like bits of iron and you have to use hairspray to get it to stick properly. But it works if you put in the effort.

I then decided after reading much of what you guys have written here that if I got onto finasteride , that my diffuse thinning should halt in its tracks. So I went out and got 5mg pills and chop them into 4. I hope that this will help strenghten the thinning areas on top .

I then went out and got 1000mcg botin pills and started gulping 1 pill per day.
    It has made some kind of noticeable difference. My hair looks and feels thicker but it could just be my imagination. Its only been about a month.

So I read it actually works at peak value at 5000 mcg per day so now I am upping it to 3000mcg and by the end of the week be up to speed.

I am very excited about my hair and its mostly because of the excellent stories I have read from you guys . You have given me strength and courage to challenge myself to face my fear of being bald . That was the most important thing.

^ Glad to hear your feeling positive about things! I also felt much better knowing that I was being proactive about my hair loss. I have biotin in the multivitamin I take and again in that Avalon shampoo - haven't heard people taking that much of it for hair loss but I guess it couldn't hurt. Glad to hear your transplant worked out well too!