+ Reply to Thread

Default Any issues with finasteride and being underweight?

I'm an eighteen year old guy who wants to start propecia as soon as possible, possibly tomorrow morning. I'm currently in recovery from an eating disorder, not anorexia just under eating. At the moment I weigh 55kg/121lb approx at 175cm/5'9", With a high ratio of body fat compared to muscle (im theopposite of toned) Doctor said I lost mostly muscle and I need to eat protein. I also have slightlyhigh blood pressure 140/90. Does anyone know if 5ar2 inhibition or low dht will be an issue at all for someone like me? I think our brains/muscles receive dht from 5ar1 mostly but I could be wrong.

Also I think I have already asked this on this forum but do you think I make a good candidate for finasteride? I will attach the before shot. And would starting off on 0.5 be better so my body can adjust better or will it not make a huge difference. I'm a diffuse thinner by the way.

Thankyou!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	19101  

Your hair loss doesnt look like regular MPB, maybe your anorexia was the main cause, it is very advanced but it looks liek female hair loss! If this is from anorexia and not hormonal you might have a chance to regrow a good amount!

edit: where you on a Raw food diet or something like that?

Wish that were true. Some guys just lose hair by thinning. It looks like female hair loss because I get it from women in my family. My dad has a glorious, oily but thick, mane. My mom and grandma are really thin all over so I'm pretty sure I got it from them.

It looks like your hair is unhealthy. And, by the sounds of it, you probably are malnourished in all aspects, let alone the proteins, fats, and specific vitamins your hair needs to grow.

My friend in highschool had an older brother who went super liberal vegan at age 19 and lost a ton of hair. He had to give in to mother nature and begin taking supplements, which didn't do him much good, leading to him ultimately starting to eat meats and animal products again. Not saying that's your exact situation, but nutrition is important, my friend.

I'm also assuming you probably don't get a lot of exercise, in any form. Personally, if I were you, I'd hit the gym ASAP and up your calorie intake big time. I know how to induce hunger but requires you to partake in something that may or may not be legal in your state.

You only live once, man.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    It looks like your hair is unhealthy. And, by the sounds of it, you probably are malnourished in all aspects, let alone the proteins, fats, and specific vitamins your hair needs to grow.

My friend in highschool had an older brother who went super liberal vegan at age 19 and lost a ton of hair. He had to give in to mother nature and begin taking supplements, which didn't do him much good, leading to him ultimately starting to eat meats and animal products again. Not saying that's your exact situation, but nutrition is important, my friend.

I'm also assuming you probably don't get a lot of exercise, in any form. Personally, if I were you, I'd hit the gym ASAP and up your calorie intake big time. I know how to induce hunger but requires you to partake in something that may or may not be legal in your state.

You only live once, man.
    I actually partake quite frequently, but I never get the munchies, it's just not in my chemistry. But everything you wrote is spot on and i agree with it all. I know I'm too skinny and I really am trying to fix it, and my diet is a lot better than it was a month ago. I just really need to know if propecia will actually get I the way of me healing though, I've really neglected both my health and hair and they're both important to me.

Picture of my skinny balding body if anyone was curious
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	19144  

Quote Originally Posted by envy253 View Post
    I actually partake quite frequently, but I never get the munchies, it's just not in my chemistry. But everything you wrote is spot on and i agree with it all. I know I'm too skinny and I really am trying to fix it, and my diet is a lot better than it was a month ago. I just really need to know if propecia will actually get I the way of me healing though, I've really neglected both my health and hair and they're both important to me.
    I see, I see. I used to never get the munchies when I lived at home because I was always a bit neurotic being stoned at my dad's house. When I went to college, and was able to lounge in the living room with my friends, the munchies hit heavy all the time.

I, personally, don't think propecia will deter your ability to boost your health, unless you get super fixated on it and think you feel sides the moment you take it (not saying sides aren't a real thing).

I'd say, right now, today, throw down 100 push-ups and put on some old shitty clothes and run a couple miles with an ipod plugged in. Not just for the physical health benefits, but for the mental health benefits. Clear your mind, see a dermatologist about fin, and get ready to change your life for the better in all facets. Only reason why I'm so adamant with all this is that I've re-invented myself before in my life, and know how possible and rewarding it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I see, I see. I used to never get the munchies when I lived at home because I was always a bit neurotic being stoned at my dad's house. When I went to college, and was able to lounge in the living room with my friends, the munchies hit heavy all the time.

I, personally, don't think propecia will deter your ability to boost your health, unless you get super fixated on it and think you feel sides the moment you take it (not saying sides aren't a real thing).

I'd say, right now, today, throw down 100 push-ups and put on some old shitty clothes and run a couple miles with an ipod plugged in. Not just for the physical health benefits, but for the mental health benefits. Clear your mind, see a dermatologist about fin, and get ready to change your life for the better in all facets. Only reason why I'm so adamant with all this is that I've re-invented myself before in my life, and know how possible and rewarding it can be.
    I'm not gonna dothe push-ups but thanks alot

The skinnier you are the higher your dht/testosterone levels are. But you may have a fast metabolism so i wouldn't say being skinny causes hair loss cause I have a fast metabolism and was your weight at your age but not because i didn't eat.