+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairloss wet to dry (pics)

I took some pictures of my hair straight from the shower and how it looks 90% dry im shocked at how much worse it looks wet I mean it looks crap when dry I have alot of peach fuzz at the hairline heres the pics (the last one is it 90% dry)

im 30 years old and have history of MPB in both sides of my familys damn i saw a pic of my great grandfather from 1920 or so and he was bald as a coot! so its no doubt ill go bald my brothers 33 and lost most of his hairline but his crowns solid.My Wife says my hairline doesnt look bad at all and cant tell im receding (i know she would be kind most likely)

my question I guess is is it even worth me going on propecia to save a hairline? and risk it maing it worse rather than better? and why does it look 10 times worse wet? is it a sign of i have lost so much its starting to show?

I actually think the pictures make it look better than it is since the direct sunlight hides all the crappy minitureized hairs that are shorter and thinner than the rest of my fringe

I have posted alot about my hairline if you check my other threads I dont know if its obv how diff it looks in 3 years but any advice appreciated guys

I'd say it's still worth starting Propecia if you're comfortable with the risk vs. rewards. I'm also worried about the initial shed ravaging my density and then not bring it back. I'll be interested in seeing what other members who have taken fin share in reference to that.

I think hair looks worse wet because it makes the hair darker and the hair also "clumps" together as you run a comb through it. This combination of factors causes the scalp to show more and be in greater contrast with the hair on it. Just my speculation.

in an ideal world if propecia could save my hairline and possibly regrow the last bits of peach fuzz at the front thicker and longer and last 5 years id get on it right now

but in reality it will prob not do anything for my hairline or worse make it tank faster

catch 22

That may be true. Although I have no research to support that it would reduce the likelihood of sides or shedding, I think I'll probably take low dose (0.5 mg) fin for the first 3-6 month.

I started to lose my hair at about the same age as my father 36. He was a NW 7 by the age of 45. I started propecia 11 months ago, and I've retained my hair line. You can't even tell I lost any hair because I got on fin two weeks after I noticed my hair loss.

although i am not happy with my hairline because i couldnt wear it short without ppl saying im receding i would be more than happy to maintain for a few years but im so worried about making the jump to propecia incase it speeds up my loss

Quote Originally Posted by fabio27 View Post
    although i am not happy with my hairline because i couldnt wear it short without ppl saying im receding i would be more than happy to maintain for a few years but im so worried about making the jump to propecia incase it speeds up my loss
    That's a fair fear to have. Fin is some powerful stuff - no one here will doubt that, especially if you are a young gun.

Maintain; that's my thing too. I don't care about growing hair back, and I don't care if it continues at a really slow rate. I just want to have most of my hair until I'm married and established (that may change as I get older).

I'm a bit worried about my hair loss getting expedited by fin as well, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. I'm going at is super low dose with intermittent frequency (every 3rd or 4th day).

I value the guy in my pants more than my hair, but the numbers are in my favor to not get sides - that's just a risk I'm willing to take, personally.

well finasteride will definitely be potent enough to maintain in the short and medium term although i doubt youll have the same hairline in 20 years even with fin as you do now cause age and genetics also is powerful when you talking over many years.