+ Reply to Thread

Default Is my hairline a sign of my hair loss future?

My dad is the rare lucky guy who is almost sixty with a juvenile hairline, however the rest of the males in my family go bald sooner or later. I have always thought I got my baldness genes from my mom's side of the family as they aggressively lose their hair at an early age. I am getting to the age where most on my mom's side would have lost a good amount of their hair but I still only have the Norwood 2ish receding hairline with early minor diffuse thinning which has seemed to stabilize lately and isn't very noticeable. My recession doesn't look like any of my family either as it is more angled rather than curved if anyone can picture that.

Is it possible that I developed the mature hairline from my mother's genetics but may end up still keeping a somewhat full head of hair based on the my father's genes?

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    My dad is the rare lucky guy who is almost sixty with a juvenile hairline, however the rest of the males in my family go bald sooner or later. I have always thought I got my baldness genes from my mom's side of the family as they aggressively lose their hair at an early age. I am getting to the age where most on my mom's side would have lost a good amount of their hair but I still only have the Norwood 2ish receding hairline with early minor diffuse thinning which has seemed to stabilize lately and isn't very noticeable. My recession doesn't look like any of my family either as it is more angled rather than curved if anyone can picture that.

Is it possible that I developed the mature hairline from my mother's genetics but may end up still keeping a somewhat full head of hair based on the my father's genes?
    who knows, my maternal grand dad was NW1 at 83, his son was NW3 at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    Is my hairline a sign of my hair loss future?
    In males, the hair line alone and by itself is not a good indicator of MPB. Your vertex and mid-anterior areas are the indicators for MPB.