+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I wonder how long minoxidil tends to be effective for.
    It depends on the person and how aggressive your hair loss is. If I remember your photos correctly, you probably don't actually have MPB. I do know that you are trying to defeat the natural and normal adult mature male hair line - and succeeding to some degree - but this is not MPB. So your "hair loss" is probably not very aggressive. The fact that you experienced the possible side effects of Finasteride is another indicator that you probably do not actually have MPB.

Not sure how effective minox is, but it was approved by FDA as a drug that re-grow new hair and maintain existing hair, so maybe there is some truth to that even though I don’t think it would be as effective as propecia, but at least you won't risk sexual sides with minox.

yea dont worry chrisis you dont have male pattern baldness, you're just maturing to your natural NW5 mature hairline...

yeesh. just cuz someones a NW2 now doesnt mean they arent balding

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    yea dont worry chrisis you dont have male pattern baldness, you're just maturing to your natural NW5 mature hairline...

Seriously, I can't believe that Tracy debates the fact that someone losing their hair has MPB.

In her world, some men just recede a little bit (due to DHT) then the DHT thinks, "well, my job here is done, this gentleman has a mature hairline now, time for me to stop doing what I'm doing".

Now, Chrisis may not have aggressive MPB like guys who're NW5 at 22, but left untreated he will continue to lose hair.

'Mature' hairlines are a total myth.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post

Sarcasm is not helping you or anyone else. To insinuate that I consider a Norwood 5 as simply a mature hairline is just being hateful for the sake of being a mean and hateful jerk. Go stuff yourself.

Norwood 2 does not mean that he IS balding. I've seen his pictures. His vertex and mid-anterior areas are not thinning. All he has going on is the natural and normal adult mature male hair line, which is natural and normal for a male.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    'Mature' hairlines are a total myth.
    It's not a myth. You are just plain too stupid to be able or willing to see and accept the truth. It's not a myth fool. It's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    you probably don't actually have MPB.
    If I didn't have MPB I wouldn't have shed on minoxidil. Please stop attempting to diagnose men.

Inactive

Tracy, this is the last time that I address this issue. I even found a study to shut you up once and for all. Read the last few lines. And this was with the subjects spreading the cream over their entire backs.

Topical spironolactone inhibits dihydrotestosterone receptors in human sebaceous glands: an autoradiographic study in subjects with acne vulgaris.

Berardesca E, Gabba P, Ucci G, Borroni G, Rabbiosi G.

Department of Dermatology, University of Pavia, Italy.
    Abstract

The interaction between spironolactone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) receptors was evaluated with an autoradiographic technique. The inhibition of DHT receptors by spironolactone was found to be related to the decrease of tritiated DHT granules in the sebaceous glands of the treated site. 6 male patients affected by acne vulgaris entered the study. The acute study was performed by applying to 25 cm2 of the back a cream containing 5% spironolactone under occlusive dressing. The dosage of spironolactone applied was 4 mg/cm2 for 48 h. The long-term study was performed by applying the same amount to the entire back, without occlusion, twice daily for 1 month. Skin biopsies were taken at the end of the treatment, incubated with tritiated DHT and processed for autoradiography. Both the acute and the long-term study revealed a decrease of the autoradiographic granules in the treated site. This effect is related to the binding of spironolactone with dihydrotestosterone receptors in the sebaceous glands. Our study demonstrates that 5% topical spironolactone cream acts as an antiandrogen in human sebaceous glands, competing with DHT receptors and producing a decrease of labelled DHT. At the concentrations used the effect has been only local. No side-effects were recorded during both studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Sarcasm is not helping you or anyone else. To insinuate that I consider a Norwood 5 as simply a mature hairline is just being hateful for the sake of being a mean and hateful jerk. Go stuff yourself.

Norwood 2 does not mean that he IS balding. I've seen his pictures. His vertex and mid-anterior areas are not thinning. All he has going on is the natural and normal adult mature male hair line, which is natural and normal for a male.

I'm new to these boards but I've already seen you tell several young men, including myself, that they dont have male pattern baldness. I know for a fact, I do, so i'm glad I haven't taken your advice. I think you telling people they don't have male pattern baldness, when they do, is far more harmful than my sarcasm. I am sorry you were offended by my sarcasm and that I was a jerk.

i think people here fighting over nothing.Mature hairline is somewhat true,i've seen people with a mature hairline staying like that for many years or very slowly progressing,meaning 20 years + so taking medicine or minox for simply that it's waste of time and worrying over a minor issue,a typical normal person wont even notice or when it happens will not get terrified,at least that's what like it used to be,now if he goes to search it in the internet,well he will be terrified.Some people have higer forehead too from their birth.

I wonder what tracy means meid anterior.Tracy take a look at mine http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11192