Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by oxo2010 View Post
    I know someone who paid to have black dots tattooed on his head, to replicate a shaven head.

He wouldn't tell me how much it cost but he said is was a very expensive mistake.

The problem he found is that you have to shave your head at least once a day, otherwise you have this ridiculous situation where your real hair has stubble, but the tattoo obviously doesn't.

Also, having a tattoo doesn't replace hair. It's an effect, so on cold days he still had to wear a hat.

So, he has ditched his tattoo and gone for a full cap. It keeps his head warm and he looks much better.

Also, say you get dark dots put on your scalp. They're there for life. Imagine at 80 years old, having grey hair at the back but tattooed dots on the top of your head.

You have to think long term where these things are concerned.
    Too be honest, if I had to pick between wearing a full cap ie Wig/hairpiece for the rest of my life or having a SMP head tattoo. I would always go with the head tattoo...

Not that I have a love for SMP tattooing or anything but I think wigs are just as ridiculous and a lot of hassle and are definitely not for the younger generation.

When I first heard about head tattooing I did think 'what the hell'. But from what I have seen SMP can look very very good on the right person, usually darker skinned people. Mind you that is just from looking at videos/photos, I have never seen a head tattoo up close.

Yes the downside of tattooing is endless head shaving. I think this would get on my nerves. Also further down the line, as you get older, it is just going to start looking ridiculous and maybe it's only worth having when your young and then getting it removed once you hit your 40's.