+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Tatooed on 'hair' is ridiculous

I know someone who paid to have black dots tattooed on his head, to replicate a shaven head.

He wouldn't tell me how much it cost but he said is was a very expensive mistake.

The problem he found is that you have to shave your head at least once a day, otherwise you have this ridiculous situation where your real hair has stubble, but the tattoo obviously doesn't.

Also, having a tattoo doesn't replace hair. It's an effect, so on cold days he still had to wear a hat.

So, he has ditched his tattoo and gone for a full cap. It keeps his head warm and he looks much better.

Also, say you get dark dots put on your scalp. They're there for life. Imagine at 80 years old, having grey hair at the back but tattooed dots on the top of your head.

You have to think long term where these things are concerned.

Yes, I'm rather sure we're all aware SMP is retarded. Band aid solutions are jus that, band aid solutions.

You're right, it's utterly ridiculous. And not only is it ridiculous, but it could cause permanent harm because as you said, those dot tattoos are on there for life. The fact that these types of "solutions" are actually being seriously marketed makes me very skeptical of today's hair restoration industry.

Why not just get a tatoo of a widows peak like count dracula . I think that would be cool.

Not to have , but to laugh at someone else who had it.

Inactive

I always thought this was a decent idea if you got an HT (so that your scalp was covered in a mixture of follicles and ink) and then buzzed your head to a 1 or so. Your hair would appear thicker, I reckon.

Sometimes what appears to be a very easy solution creates substantial problems in time. When anything new comes out regardless of what it is you really need to wait at least 5 years to be sure that it is safe and if you don't we could certainly be reading your story posted to these forums at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Sometimes what appears to be a very easy solution creates substantial problems in time. When anything new comes out regardless of what it is you really need to wait at least 5 years to be sure that it is safe and if you don't we could certainly be reading your story posted to these forums at a later date.
    Good post. I agree. I found out about hair transplants and propecia two decades ago, and I waited to see my own hair pattern and see how others faired.

I am glad i waited. Maybe should have gone with fin about 5 years ago but hopefully I can gain that little bit back.

I have had a HT on the front to replace the 1/2 inch of hairline I lost .

Stuff like tattooing or cloning just freaks me out. I cant even go to India to have a procedure. Too risky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    This man knows a lot. Very good points Topcat. I agree.

1) First point is what I have seen in people and believe personally. I have seen guys with strong hairlines that can get away with just about any issue behind that, as the actual hairline is the thing people look . When people are looking at you they see the hairline, not the top or even back of your head.

There have been several instances where I have seen guys and talked to them multiple times (especially if they are taller than I so I cannot see their scalp) and they have full heads of hair all to find out they have a hole in their crown. Took me several times meeting them to see it as you look at the guys face, not his crown.

Who cares about the stupid crown? People talking to you from the top of your head all the time? Get a hair piece. Use toppik.

2)As for the density issue, this is why FUE technology will be so important. In another 5 years, doctors should be able to just go pluck every other hair from the donor site to thin out the density and put it all on the top of your head, making the top look as thick as the back and sides. A lot of the 'thinning' issue is because its compared to the density of the horse shoe.

3) This is a good point for the FUT. I dont know if I would be as vulgar to call it something that silly, but we will have a scar if we decide to 'shave' our heads bald.

Or we can simply have a FUE to fill it in at a later date when technology improves or have this stupid ink tatoo fill it in. If the ink doesnt fade to green that is.
    Last edited by Winston; 02-11-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    That's just it. Most of the people on this forum are ignorant and bitter that they failed to properly treat their hairloss.

There may not be a SINGLE perfect treatment out yet, but if you're creative you can certainly cure baldness.
    Thanks Dr Highlander .

Let the world know of your cure