+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Those don't look good.
    LOL. Really? I am sure thats why Shapiro Medical, and Hasson and Wong decided to start doing the procedure for their patients. Because 2 of the top hair clinics in the world wanted to do "dont look good" work.

I might go for that.

I have changed my mind about these tattoo's. I saw a great video of this white boy with a big head to boot. He didnt look good bald or shaved head either.

But he goes and gets the tattoo and he looks great. If he looks great everyone will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw0lRM8gUM

Check it out.

I watched the video; admittedly it looks OK.

If they can figure out how to make it only semi-permanent, and removable, then there might be something to it.

If they can figure out how to make it only semi-permanent, and removable, then there might be something to it.

SMP by M Lardi is semi permanent, fades away in 1.5-2 years

Has anyone actually seen someone with SMP in person? Some of these results(like guy in video) look very good but what if you sit across someone at the table, outdoors, and have drink or lunch , would it still look convincing?

The only viable application for SMP is perhaps to fill in a strip scar area after procedure.
    You're right clandestine, the way I see it, SMP should really only be used to maybe fill in a scar. But to think of SMP as a viable solution for the majority of hair loss sufferers is utterly ridiculous. Matter of fact, I see SMP as something that could be fodder for Saturday Night Live. Bottom line is that none of today's hair loss/restoration options appeal to the majority of hair loss sufferers and that is just an utter shame.

The only viable application for SMP is perhaps to fill in a strip scar area after procedure.
    BTW, I got your e-mail address a couple of days ago clandestine and sent you an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    You're right clandestine, the way I see it, SMP should really only be used to maybe fill in a scar. But to think of SMP as a viable solution for the majority of hair loss sufferers is utterly ridiculous. Matter of fact, I see SMP as something that could be fodder for Saturday Night Live. Bottom line is that none of today's hair loss/restoration options appeal to the majority of hair loss sufferers and that is just an utter shame.

Indeed, most present treatments could be comedic fodder:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s87y60NY9Q

As you noted the reality is that present treatments only appeal to the desperate. My mother's side of the family has extensive hair loss. If I ask a bald uncle or relative about doing something the typical response is "sure if there was something that could actually be done."

Some people are so desperate they will actually get "tattoo hair." The majority won't even entertain the idea. There's a very good reason "only 2% to 7%" of people seek treatment. The primary problem is that there is no truly effective treatment and thus present treatments will only appeal to a minority of people who are so desperate they will try virtually anything.

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    Indeed, most present treatments could be comedic fodder:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s87y60NY9Q

As you noted the reality is that present treatments only appeal to the desperate. My mother's side of the family has extensive hair loss. If I ask a bald uncle or relative about doing something the typical response is "sure if there was something that could actually be done."

Some people are so desperate they will actually get "tattoo hair." The majority won't even entertain the idea. There's a very good reason "only 2% to 7%" of people seek treatment. The primary problem is that there is no truly effective treatment and thus present treatments will only appeal to a minority of people who are so desperate they will try virtually anything.
    You're totally right man, and you seem like a very intelligent and sensible guy. I cannot stand when people say things like "most men are not bothered by hair loss because they don't seek out treatments". Nothing could be further from the truth. I know plenty of young men who don't do anything about their hair loss not because they are not bothered by it, but because they view today's treatment options as limited, ineffective, and/or riddled with side effects. Yet instead of having new and more effective treatment options, we are presented with the same tired old b.s. treatments and variations of those treatments. As you stated, only 2% to 7% of men suffering from hair loss seek treatment and it sure as hell isn't because they are simply unaffected by hair loss.

It now is. Its still time consuming and expensive to remove, but it is now removable. I am certain within 5 years they will be able to come up with a modified ink that can be removed or fades out

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    but if you're creative you can certainly cure baldness.

For instance, why not get a dense hairline and thinner hairs behind that? That way you can use toppick for the appearance of density, with the use of a strong hairline for styling.

Or as you said, sparsely placed hairs with tattoos to give a dense effect when shaved.
    exactly, or maybe surgeons could go beyond what they would usually take from the donor area by an extra 1000, 2000 grafts and then fill in the thinned out donor with tattooing.

This is an idea I am hoping to take forward. Whether surgeons would agree to this, I am not sure.