+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Finasteride has destroyed my entire life

This is my story and a warning to anybody put there even the slightest bit worried about hair loss.
    I'm 6"2,v good looking and Neva been short of the female attention,iv lived a fantastic life,great family and great job.i consider myself a perfectionist and loved physical challenges.iv trained hard since I was 16 and built my body in to what I call a machine.i was top at swimming,mountain biking and fought mma for 3 years up until the year of 2011 when my relationship broke down with my girlfriend,the love of my life.i couldn't understand why she didn't want me anymore after I gave her my soul and was offering her a life of happiness and a family.she just wanted to be young again and she walked away debt free with a buisness we had set up in her name,not even 1ce looking back and left me completely heart broken,I was devastated.at this point I felt worthless and working on a building site became the daily target.through stress I began to loose my hair,I was mocked and the joke everyday from lads iv worked with for years,I realised all there jealousy and envy towards me,finally they had something to get at me and they didn't stop with the hurtful comments.feeling so low after the split I went to a cosmetic surgery for some advice,there had to be something they could do,a cream or something to help,I didn't expect to be told about a drug,he was very positive pushing it on me,said the worst case sinario u will have a decreased sex drive that will level out in time and return to normal if I stopped taking it.i came away and thought I'd give it a go,foolish to consume something medical without the proper research.i just thought they were professional people,the best in there field and the drug was approved,why would a drug that was designed for prostate enlargement in old men and cancer prevention then available for prescription for hair loss?i realise now one of its side effects is hair regrowth on the scalp,and I mean side effect,who cares about hair?ur born with none and the chances are we'll die with none so whys it so important inbetween?vanity and the way society criticises you for mother natures way.women get fat,men go bald,simple.i fell into the trap,I was weak at this tough time in my life an didn't think.
    Anyway I took 2 5 ml tablets broke into 4 ova 8 days,I woke up on the morning of the 8th day and couldn't get an erection,no matter how hard I tried or what I thought about,it wouldn't work.i got very worried and threw them in the bin,sat down on line and there found the nightmare in black and white,persistent and perminant sexual side effects due to this drug.i went to my GP and he basically said why did u take that???he said its to late,it's done,that's why we have brains to stop us doin things like this,when u digest something mother nature takes over,and shes very unforgiving.i began to get worse and worse after that,my testicals shrank and became deformed,my body shape changed and my body hair stopped growing,my energy disappeared and my life collapsed.sinse then iv not had an erection,not one,morning,night,day,nothing,iv lost 4 stone in a year,lost my job and am now on the point of living on the street.in 1 year my body has died.Iv sought advice from the leading urologist in the country and he laughed at me,said I'm in a real mess and said that the drug is safe and it's all in my head.really?
    We're ginuie pigs and the drug will be pulled soon due to all those people suffering like me and we'll just be casualties of war.they have designed a drug that can ruin ur life and there makin money from the vulnerable.please,any1 out there worried about loosing your hair,embrace it and be proud to be alive,ur only here for a while so **** caring what u look like and live.there's so help for anyone that's fallen to the sick system and they don't care.
    I'm 32 and will never live my dream now,kids and happiness.my family gets to watch my perish and die slowly and the people who mocked me and were jealous of me are laughing,theve won.

Dude,

Iīm sorry for your situation. But i just think you went to the wrong doctor for start. You should have go to a psychiatrist. The biggest problem was inside your head, not outside.

More than half of your post was talking about how so many depressing things happened to your life, itīs clearly what has most destroyed your life. Your sides just came more evident after you read the stories about finasteride. Even though, search for some medical attention regarding your possible ED situation.

Search for some medical help, itīs my advice.

Cheers

Propecia is not your problem, like the other post stated. All these stupid post blaming everything on propecia after taking it for a couple of days.

Unless your seriously allergic to something in the medication no way in a few days that would do that much damage.

I remember I was like 25 in 90s when in proscar was hinted to help stop hairless. I jumped on it right away, glad I did as I am 41 and still got a decent amount of hair. All this fear mongering concerning propecia gets in your head, and sometimes the mind can overpower your body, IMO.

By the way switched to avodart in 2003 forward. I still get morning wood, so no issues here.

See this is just the problem,everybody thinks that this stuff is safe.so loosing all ur body hair,loosing 4 stone in a year,brain fog,memory loss,slured speech,constant shakes,anxiety and panic attacks daily since stopping,no erections full stop,testical diformity,that's all normal is it,all in my head?im just telling people my story an the exact truth of what this stuff can do.

Please ignore those who post in defence of Propecia. I believe they have an emotional connection to the drug, such is their desperate longing to keep their hair.

As you know, Propecia is one of the few drugs that can stop hair loss. It does this by preventing testosterone being converted into DHT - DHT being the culprit responsible for hair loss. It seems that either this mechanism causes side effects, or the drug is having some other unknown affect - unfortunately nobody knows. Further to this, I feel that the studies conducted prior to Propecia's approval by the FDA were methodologically flawed. Also be aware that drug companies (Merck in particular) have a track record for suppressing negative data.

I have suffered as a result of Propecia too, although my case doesn't seem as bad as yours. I can only suggest that you seek out an endocrinologist and get some blood tests done. Have you reported your case to the relevant drug authority too? You may also have a legal case, so check out your options.

I know it's frustrating, but ignore those who aren't willing to listen. I am confident that the truth will eventually out.

No sexual side effects here dude. I've been on it for a year. I like it that my body hair doesn't grow as fast or as much as it used to.

It's crazy.its we're ur mind set is a the time and what it tells u is more important in life.we're willing to risk our entire lives for the sake of saving something that's natural in life.i admit my head was in a bad place at the time,I wouldn't have even considered it at any other time,but as it was like I said I went for some information.even if there's the 1% chance it can do this 2 somebody they should pull it because as I stated it wasn't designed for hair loss.I have nothing left due to this stuff and what was 1ce my pride and joy,that being my body,it's just slowly dying.simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Please ignore those who post in defence of Propecia. I believe they have an emotional connection to the drug, such is their desperate longing to keep their hair.

As you know, Propecia is one of the few drugs that can stop hair loss. It does this by preventing testosterone being converted into DHT - DHT being the culprit responsible for hair loss. It seems that either this mechanism causes side effects, or the drug is having some other unknown affect - unfortunately nobody knows. Further to this, I feel that the studies conducted prior to Propecia's approval by the FDA were methodologically flawed. Also be aware that drug companies (Merck in particular) have a track record for suppressing negative data.

I have suffered as a result of Propecia too, although my case doesn't seem as bad as yours. I can only suggest that you seek out an endocrinologist and get some blood tests done. Have you reported your case to the relevant drug authority too? You may also have a legal case, so check out your options.

I know it's frustrating, but ignore those who aren't willing to listen. I am confident that the truth will eventually out.
    Hey Chrisis,

Just to inform you, i have never touched propecia, so iīm not in any emotional connection to the drug to believe that itīs working to keep my hair.

But i have been researching this forum for over a year, and its pretty easy to conclude:

1) Side effects do exist.

2) 95% of them are psychological.

If i had an hour or two, i would quote to you dozens of posts related to side effects, in wich users say they did have them, but in the next two paragraphs include the words "maybe", "not sure", "psychological". Just search for yourself.

Another thing that iīve noticed, itīs, this forum has hundreds of users, and iīve noticed that only aproxximately 10, appears posting against FIN, and youīre the first in that top ten.

Again, donīt misunderstand me, side effects do exist, but not in the way, % youīre always saying. The same way you "fight" against those who say side effects do not exist, you should accept that a GREAT % of them, are purely psychological.

Does finasteride also destroy your ability to use proper spelling and grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
    2) 95% of them are psychological.
    Congratulations. You just repeated the same nonsense every doctor says when they go to report these problems.

Someone who pulls stats from thin air has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.