+ Reply to Thread

Default What is more important beard or head hair

Just shaved my goatee after a long time as it has started to grey. Boy! shaving my beard has turned me from a descent looking guy to an ugly guy. I bet it has knocked out 3-4 points out of 10 in terms of my appearance. Probably it has to do with the fact that I have a slightly weak chin.

I'm bald on top, but thanks lord I still have a beard to cover my flaws. So what do you think, what is more important for a man, beard or head hair. I can show you guys who still look good bald, but I have never seen someone good looking with a weak chin unless he is covering it up with a beard of course.

My chin isn't weak, but it's not massive. I use a 1 guard to keep it perfectly the same length throughout.

It takes away from my pale skin and I keep it sharp to frame my face.

i always have a beard, an rough version not full blown and it frames my hair, when i shave i look way too young with my hairstyle but id still pick my head hair over facial hair any day of the week...but your right for as heavily balding guy a beard is usually a pro at least. if only my hair grew back as quick as my facial hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    i always have a beard, an rough version not full blown and it frames my hair, when i shave i look way too young with my hairstyle but id still pick my head hair over facial hair any day of the week...but your right for as heavily balding guy a beard is usually a pro at least. if only my hair grew back as quick as my facial hair!!
    That's an interesting when way to put it. Early in my balding process, I accidentally messed up my stubble with a bare clipper and just shaved it all off. With a big, wide forehead (receder) and a baby face, I looked like an effeminate 35 year old. (I never knew why it looked weird, but it seems so apparent after what you said)

Even without the receder, I'd rock facial hair. Girls have given me compliments on it since I was like 19.

Hmmm i'd still probably have head hair but for me i'd defintiely say facial hair is a massive plus for my looks...i'd rather be NW3 with facial hair than NW1 with none.....but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    That's an interesting when way to put it. Early in my balding process, I accidentally messed up my stubble with a bare clipper and just shaved it all off. With a big, wide forehead (receder) and a baby face, I looked like an effeminate 35 year old.

Even without the receder, I'd rock facial hair. Girls have given me compliments on it since I was like 19.

haha, i look like ive been ill without the beard to be honest. i dont know most girls ive been with are always complaining about beard rash?? none seem to like how it feels but like the look. whining broads(awaiting comeback from feminists). but anyway man i saw your hairline and its grand but yeah beard does give a bit of symmetry to the face. im not sure about beards with a bald head, looks like your head is upside down.

Id rather have my top hair if i had a choice but for some people like me facial hair is important too. I look like a child without my beard or any hair growth cleanl shaven but i dont like a beard or lots of hair cause that doesn't look good either so i just keep it short with an electric shaver like as if i haven't shaved in a few days.