+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    That is totally normal.
    But isn't that how balding begins? (at the crown)

Surely that white area is going to get bigger, if its there already.

Not necessarily. Balding can develop many different ways. Your hair looks fine to me.

I really like the green background.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry01 View Post
    But isn't that how balding begins? (at the crown)

Surely that white area is going to get bigger, if its there already.

Maybe maybe not. Just keep an eye on it by taking pics over time. Take pictures every 3-4 months and over time you should know if it is staying the same or if something is going on.

FWIW my hair once looked very close to yours. A friend insisted mpb would start at my swirl and it eventually did.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Maybe maybe not. Just keep an eye on it by taking pics over time. Take pictures every 3-4 months and over time you should know if it is staying the same or if something is going on.

FWIW my hair once looked very close to yours. A friend insisted mpb would start at my swirl and it eventually did.
    That white part has only popped up in the past 1-2 months or so, I didn't have it in October 2012 or before that. I had quite long hair around that time, then I had my hair cut really short (really really short), and ever since then that 'bald spot' has been on the back of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Wait, why can't he use minox, nizoral, and possibly TOPICAL spiro (in b4 Tracy accuses me of trying to castrate him)? These topicals have pretty much zero systemic side effects and I don't see how they would affect his development in any way.
    his crown is total normal and you say him to put minox and make it worst or other crap,wtf

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    his crown is total normal and you say him to put minox and make it worst or other crap,wtf
    I don't understand people like you. Do you want everyone to be NW3+ before they start treating their hair loss? Are you angry because you failed to treat your's before it got out of hand? OP has managed to catch it early and has a much better chance at maintaining a good-looking amount of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry01 View Post
    That white part has only popped up in the past 1-2 months or so, I didn't have it in October 2012 or before that. I had quite long hair around that time, then I had my hair cut really short (really really short), and ever since then that 'bald spot' has been on the back of my head!
    Well you just need to keep monitoring it to see for sure. It could be just a normal hair cycle. As long as you take pics every 3-4 months you will have a record, because otherwise you will forgot and not be sure. MPB is often gradual so with enough of those photos it should prove or disprove if something is going on. I have pics going back over 10 years and it is the only way to know what is happening.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Harry, you are way too focused on the thought of balding. This is not a criticism of you though. It is totally understandable that one could become obsessed with the idea of possibly losing ones hair..Especially if you think you may be seeing something that, in your own critical eyes, suggests hair loss.
    Harry, I promise you that, from our point of view, your hair looks very good. The crown does not suggest that it is in its beginning phase of hair loss. Now at 17 your hair may be MATURING which does NOT necessarily suggest that you will be bald in the future.
    HYPOTHETICALLY, if you are at an early stage of hair loss,
    #1-you do not know to what extent it could be at ,later in life.
    #2-you are at a GREAT age at 17, an EFFECTIVE Hair loss TREATMENT (or TREATMENTS) are INEVITABLE.
    In other words,,CONSCIOUSLY and with purpose remove this unnecessary fear of hair loss from your mind. Stop focusing on it because,,believe me when i say that I am CERTAIN that you are the only one in your arena of family&friends that notices anything 'different' with your hair.
    Brother Harry--no worries and NO doom or gloom (i only WISH i had your hair)

No one can answer with 100 percent because everyone responds to different treatments and it depends on how far you want to go to stop it.