Dr Gho - 1250 grafts - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dr Gho - 1250 grafts

Well I finally made it to Amsterdam and got the procedure done. They have a friendly and professional team here and they took good care of me. It's been a week since I had the procedure and I thought I better put some photos up.

Here's a before shot:

These are thumbnails (click to view full size)

Recovery day 3:

donar close ups (recovery day 3)

1 week:

hair line close up (at 1 week):

donar close up (at 1 week):

Fantastic shots! Thanks for sharing, but please keep us posted in the coming months with development.

A couple questions:

-What density did you end up getting for your covered area?
    -Are you a diffuse thinner and if so, how did Gho's team address potential future recession/hairloss?
    -What was the final cost?

Thanks again! Also, your head shape looks like an awesome candidate for a completely shaved head... kind of like Wesley Snejder's... youre lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    hmmm, I would say - almost...
    Mate, you're ******ed.

Post a picture of yourself; let's see that ugly mug.

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    Well I finally made it to Amsterdam and got the procedure done. They have a friendly and professional team here and they took good care of me. It's been a week since I had the procedure and I thought I better put some photos up.
    sanook, in this post you mentioned "to thicken things up on top and around the crown". In my opinion, so far there is nothing wrong on top or in your crown area, at least, according to your photos. Or do you just "feel" that you will lose hairs in these areas once upon a time in future?

Concerning your donor area - you mentioned "my donor density is average". I would say, your donor area is a typical caucasian donor area - with a typical density. Sure, not great - rather "normal". So be very wisely in future with your donor area IF the worst-case scenario indeed happens.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Fantastic shots! Thanks for sharing, but please keep us posted in the coming months with development.
    Thanks, I'll try my best to keep things updated on here.

-What density did you end up getting for your covered area?
    From what I understand it was the maximum amount of grafts that could be placed, however they didn't give me a density figure. I was actually hoping to go up to 2000 grafts but only got 1250. They said there wasn't enough space to transplant them into.

-Are you a diffuse thinner and if so, how did Gho's team address potential future recession/hairloss?
    Nope.

-What was the final cost?
    €7900

Thanks again! Also, your head shape looks like an awesome candidate for a completely shaved head... kind of like Wesley Snejder's... youre lucky.
    Thanks, I'm not a fan of my head shape, but i'll take complements where I get them :P

sanook, in this post you mentioned "to thicken things up on top and around the crown". In my opinion, so far there is nothing wrong on top or in your crown area, at least, according to your photos. Or do you just "feel" that you will lose hairs in these areas once upon a time in future?
    I've lost a bit around my crown, not a lot though. When I grow my hair out its more noticable.

Concerning your donor area - you mentioned "my donor density is average". I would say, your donor area is a typical caucasian donor area - with a typical density. Sure, not great - rather "normal". So be very wisely in future with your donor area IF the worst-case scenario indeed happens.
    As soon as the technician started shaving my head the first thing she said was "well you have good donor", which took me by suprise as I always thought it was average at best? According to her it was an 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post

As soon as the technician started shaving my head the first thing she said was "well you have good donor", which took me by suprise as I always thought it was average at best? According to her it was an 8/10.
    You mean on a scale of 1-10 (10 is "very high density") your density can be considered as 8 ?

Who shaved your hair and who did the extractions? Maaike?

How long did it take to extract your 1250 grafts?
    They started with the extraction part at around 08:00 in the morning and ended at around - ?

Thanks for sharing, that's a very nice hairline they created for you and I think it will be a big boost to your appearance once things mature. Do you plan on going back for more work, or too soon to know?

Also, you say they only did 1250 grafts due to not enough bald area to place them, did you happen to ask how many more they could have extracted from your donor in that 1 session if you had been needed more?

You mean on a scale of 1-10 (10 is "very high density") your density can be considered as 8 ?
    Yeah.

Who shaved your hair and who did the extractions? Maaike?

How long did it take to extract your 1250 grafts?
    They started with the extraction part at around 08:00 in the morning and ended at around - ?
    Mirjam shaved the head and performed the extractions. She started around 8 then finished around 11 sometime. Sorry but I didn't really keep a close eye on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    Thanks for sharing, that's a very nice hairline they created for you and I think it will be a big boost to your appearance once things mature. Do you plan on going back for more work, or too soon to know?
    I'm from Australia and I did mention to Dr Gho about booking me into his indonesian clinic in 9 months, but he seemed quite confident I didn't need to go back so early. So I might just give it 9 months to a year and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    Also, you say they only did 1250 grafts due to not enough bald area to place them, did you happen to ask how many more they could have extracted from your donor in that 1 session if you had been needed more?
    Unfortunately I didn't ask this.

I asked about Sneijder's operation and they said he got 1600 in one session. They said his hair loss had progressed a lot more than mine, so he had the spaces for the grafts to be planted into.