+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    He has a device that removes part of the folicle in the donor, which is then implanted into the recipient and the other part is left behind. According to his claims, both will grow. There are some members here who have taken pictures of their donor areas and shared with us on the forum, but this is still a ways away from being proven in the eyes of many in the hair loss community. The patients though do all seem quite happy so far so that is promising.
    Here is a brief analysis I did recently of gc83uk's second procedure:

My hope is to include his third procedure in the analysis as well, so we can eventually look at before-and-after pictures spanning multiple procedures, more than 100+ extraction points, including hairs which have been extracted more than one.

I tried to be as meticulous as I could mapping the area out. Nevertheless, I'd encourage anyone to question the results. IMO, I think it is pretty conclusive that the extraction points are regenerating hair but I'm always interested to get any feedback.

Drybone,

You seem like an intelligent guy so I'm sure I don't have to tell you to be wary getting your education about a medical procedure from a guy like 534623 who resorts to childish namecalling and antics of a 10 year old rather than having an intelligent discussion on the issue as he did above by calling me and the other gentleman a "gal". There's lots of good information here, just do your due dilligence and realize that there are many on these forums who clearly have an agenda. Be careful and good luck!
    Hey Gandolf. I appreciate the kind words. And your advice is well heeded.

I suspect if they could re grow hair follicles from the donor site, there would be mass headlines everywhere there is a cure for hairloss. There would be no more donor issues everyone could have a full head of hair.

Maybe the guy is onto something. Maybe one day if you splice it right at 50% , both 1/2 follicles then will fix themselves into 2 follicles.

If so, then we just need computer surgery to make sure the splicing is accurate. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey Gandolf. I appreciate the kind words. And your advice is well heeded.

I suspect if they could re grow hair follicles from the donor site, there would be mass headlines everywhere there is a cure for hairloss. There would be no more donor issues everyone could have a full head of hair.

Maybe the guy is onto something. Maybe one day if you splice it right at 50% , both 1/2 follicles then will fix themselves into 2 follicles.

If so, then we just need computer surgery to make sure the splicing is accurate. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    You and I have the exact same mindset on this one. Let's wait it out a little longer and get our pop corn ready as we watch and keep our fingers crossed and with the attention this is getting, if it is legit it will go mainstream soon enough. Or, if the claims about it being made aren't really true it will stagnate and continue to have a handful of over-zealous, intellectually dull, random people on the internet being the main ones promoting it and we will know we made the right move to sit it out and be patient

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    This is a very wisely decision. So see you in 2035 or so. Goodbye.
    It won't take anywhere near that long for the hairloss community to get more clarity on this procedure. I think that in 2-3 years if we're still hearing statements from Dr. Gho like "I have patients with 13k grafts and only minimal depletion in the donor zone, I just don't have any pictures of them" it will be pretty clear that this is not the game-changer you and a few others here are touting it to be.

And I'm sorry to dissapoint you but no, I won't be leaving the forum in the meantime while things are hashed out over however long it takes. Obviously it's your goal to run me and anyone else like me who isn't 100% convinced about this treatment out of the forum so you can monopolize the content and only present things from a positive and very biased angle. This is a forum where the pros/cons, risks/rewards, etc. of all the treatments are discussed. It's not intended to by 100% myopic where only the positive evidence is allowed to be discussed and nobody is allowed to discuss the drawbacks or skepticism over the claims, although I do have to give you some credit for doing a good job of frustrating the hell out of us with your persistent ridiculous posts. Over the last few days I have found myself wondering if it's even worth it trying to discuss the matter intelligently with someone who in my opinion is either anything but, a pathological liar, or some combination of the two.

But just for the record, and I've explained this now many times, I'm cautiously optimistic about HST. If you're so sure that this procedure is 100% foolproof, then why do you get so defensive and rattled anytime someone comes on here and isn't yet convinced? What would you prefer? We could make the Gho forum like Propeciahelp and just ban anybody the first time they make a post that doesn't portray HST as the magic bullet for anyone experiencing hairloss. Would that make you happy? I think it would.

I gotta go with Gandolf on this one.

Sure its tempting , but we are also compromised people. We are folks who WANT to believe anything and everything will work. This makes us vulnerable to snake oil.

So I would like to see more mainstream discussion on this procedure to see if its worth its salt. If so, I will be one of the first to sign up to get every hair possible put back in.

Here's how I see it:

If there's a cure on the horizon, either Aderans or Histogen within 2-5 years, then ant FUT/FUE most likely won't be an issue since hairloss usually doesn't ramp up THAT fast. I've been losing my hair for the last 10 years at a slow pace and I'm only a NW3 with diffuse thinning. I figure it will be another 10 years before I look horribly bad, assuming things keep progressing and assuming I stay off RU, Minox, Saw Palmetto and Nizoral.

Now, since I could do wonders with a 1,500 graft procedure and get a NW1 with some thinner hair up top, a 5,000 graft procedure would essentially bring me back to normal.

But here's what it all boils down to:

If Gho is true to his word that there *is* regeneration, you might as well get the procedure done with him anyway rather than FUE/FUT, and enjoy your new hair until Aderans and Histogen are out, or a better solution is made available.

*IF* Aderans and Histogen take longer than 5 years or they don't come out with a product at all its not going to matter AT ALL regardless of FUE/FUT or Gho's method, so you may as well get the procedure now and feel good for the time being. Better to take chances with Gho than FUE/FUT and be guaranteed NO regeneration at all with the other hair transplants.

I'm getting a procedure with Gho regardless of development with Aderans and Hitogen, I want to look better NOW and if no cure develops, then it wasnt meant ot be and at least I got a few more years (or more) of looking good... or better.

Regardless of developments though, I'm still going to remain on RU and Minox for the foreseeable future.... I'm really, REALLY hopeful that Aderans can deliver their product next year as they claimed in their press release a few years back. Them being on Phase III trials in the coming months makes it look very possible.

Out of interest Sanook, did you happen to find out when the Indonesian Clinic opens?. I'm from Australia and have had FUE in Europe once already and hated the long flight. Indonesia would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    Out of interest Sanook, did you happen to find out when the Indonesian Clinic opens?. I'm from Australia and have had FUE in Europe once already and hated the long flight. Indonesia would be perfect.
    I was under the impression they've already started working on patients in Jakarta. Dr Gho seemed surprised I hadn't arranged to go their instead of flying all the way to Europe. If I was you I'd contact HASCI in Europe and ask them for the contact details of someone in the Jakarta clinic.

It won't take anywhere near that long for the hairloss community to get more clarity on this procedure.
    What you need to know is that this procedure wil never become mainstream and will always be fought against by the hairloss industry for a very simple reason, which is that HST is patented procedure and gho himself showed no interest to train existing HT doctors (in 2nd interview with spencer) since his plan is to expand and train new doctors which i beleive is better for him business wise.
    so why would other doctors in the industry praise HST or even confirm that it works if they can't perform it ? btw, same thing happened when FUE was first found by Dr. Woods who was asking or a fee to train doctors. backthen, nobody paid the fee and all doctors downgraded it, until doctors like rassman figured out how to do it by themselves (since it was not patented) oly then, FUE became mainstream in the states and worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    I was under the impression they've already started working on patients in Jakarta. Dr Gho seemed surprised I hadn't arranged to go their instead of flying all the way to Europe. If I was you I'd contact HASCI in Europe and ask them for the contact details of someone in the Jakarta clinic.
    That great news, I will. Coming from Australia it saves around $1000 plus an extra 10 or so hours flight time.