Dr Gho - 1250 grafts - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Result looks really nice so far sanook. Congrats!

    I think the hairline design from HASCI continues to improve. Who was your doctor btw?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    I'm from Australia and I did mention to Dr Gho about booking me into his indonesian clinic in 9 months, but he seemed quite confident I didn't need to go back so early. So I might just give it 9 months to a year and see how it goes.

    Unfortunately I didn't ask this.

    I asked about Sneijder's operation and they said he got 1600 in one session. They said his hair loss had progressed a lot more than mine, so he had the spaces for the grafts to be planted into.
    First of all congrats mate, everything looks good!

    The issue about not enough space intrigues me. Do you think they are referring to not enough space to do it in 1 day because they can't place the 'new' grafts too close to each other?

    Or and I hope, it's more likely that if you go back again in 9 or 12 months, there is 'enough space' again simply because everything has healed and you can increase the density.

    I've heard that he can get a density of 60 per cm2, would you say your recipient is already 60 grafts per cm2 including your natural hair?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    These are impressive pictures. Did Dr Gho make any claims about donor regeneration? Did he estimate what percentage of split hair follicles would regrow?

    Also, you healed really well. Are you normally a fast healer?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Result looks really nice so far sanook. Congrats!

    I think the hairline design from HASCI continues to improve. Who was your doctor btw?
    Thanks! Mirjam extracted the grafts and Dr Gho created the holes. Then I had about 5 or 6 technicians (only 2 at a time) place the grafts.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    First of all congrats mate, everything looks good!

    The issue about not enough space intrigues me. Do you think they are referring to not enough space to do it in 1 day because they can't place the 'new' grafts too close to each other?

    Or and I hope, it's more likely that if you go back again in 9 or 12 months, there is 'enough space' again simply because everything has healed and you can increase the density.
    Thanks for the support! I've been keeping a close eye on your posts too, which encouraged me to go ahead with it.

    I think a lot of my hairs have "miniaturised", giving a thinner appearance to my hair. My understanding is I have to wait for these hairs to finally die off before I can replace them with a solid healthy grafts taken from the donor area.

    Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    I've heard that he can get a density of 60 per cm2, would you say your recipient is already 60 grafts per cm2 including your natural hair?
    I'd say i've got at least 20-30 per cm2 near the temples (where i had nothing prior to the procedure) and maybe even up to 60 per cm2 in the middle of the hair line (including the older hair).

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxhair View Post
    These are impressive pictures. Did Dr Gho make any claims about donor regeneration? Did he estimate what percentage of split hair follicles would regrow?

    Also, you healed really well. Are you normally a fast healer?
    Thanks maxhair, they took me ages to upload!

    I actually didn't talk with Dr Gho that much. He was quite focussed on counting the number of holes made, so I didn't want to disrupt him.

    I'm not sure if I would regard myself as a fast healer. I'm assuming i'm just average? I'm certainly not as healthy and fit as I'd like to be, if that makes any difference?

    One thing I didn't do was wash my hair as thorough as I was suppose to. After a couple of days you get crusts/scabs form and they tell you not to pick or scratch them. At day 4 you can wash your hair, but I was too gentle and careful and didn't remove all the scabs/crust. So when I went into the clinic for my 1 week follow up they were quite surprised how unclean it looked. After the appointment I washed my hair and it looked heaps better.There's still a little redness around the hair line a week out, but yeah otherwise i'm doing fine. I probably should of been more aggressive with it at day 4.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    [QUOTE=sanook;101446]Thanks maxhair, they took me ages to upload!

    I actually didn't talk with Dr Gho that much. He was quite focussed on counting the number of holes made, so I didn't want to disrupt him.

    So, you just didn't bother asking him about the percentage of donor regeneration, and he didn't bother making any indication of this throughout the whole procedure, including the consultation?

    This makes no sense.

    Why did you go to Gho then?

    You didn't pay all that extra money per graft for no reason I assume.

    You do realize that Gho claims he can regenerate the donor region?

  8. #18
    Senior Member drybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    864

    Default

    If you could regenerate the donor region, we would have our first cure for baldness. Probably take you 10 years as well.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    If you could regenerate the donor region, we would have our first cure for baldness. Probably take you 10 years as well.
    Not for everyone. There are many "hair loss sufferers" who are nowhere near completely bald who could hit their goals in 2-3 treatments spaced out once per year.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    Not for everyone. There are many "hair loss sufferers" who are nowhere near completely bald who could hit their goals in 2-3 treatments spaced out once per year.
    I'd be one of them. I'd need 3 trips to go back to a moderately close stage of NW1 (which i'd prefer over a NW0 since I get this weird feeling I'd look weird with a perfectly straight hairline).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

frontal-hairline-aug...
Today 12:36 AM
Last Post By WHTC Clinic
Today 12:36 AM
Hair extensions for thinning hair? (someone please answer)
02-16-2013 03:19 PM
Last Post By obelesupply01
Yesterday 10:08 PM
Help!!!
Yesterday 06:46 PM
by Moke
Last Post By mrclean
Yesterday 09:39 PM
Surgical hair restoration
Yesterday 08:47 AM
Last Post By DAVE52
Yesterday 08:15 PM
The Bald Truth, Tuesday December 18th, 2018
Yesterday 05:53 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 05:53 PM