+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Well with hair there is no personal taste type of thing. More is better, end of story lol.

Another thing is being realistic on what can be expected from a 1500 hst graft transplant. In my opinion, looking at his pre-op pictures and these ones, its a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Well with hair there is no personal taste type of thing. More is better, end of story lol.

Another thing is being realistic on what can be expected from a 1500 hst graft transplant. In my opinion, looking at his pre-op pictures and these ones, its a good result.
    I don't think it's a bad result, but there are clearly two hairlines there: his original hairline, with a higher density, and his transplanted hairline, with a dramatically lower density. Ideally, and surgeon will "shade" into the higher density original hairline to create a more natural look. Here it looks like there's a pretty abrupt jump that's visible an inch or so into his hair.

its only 1250 grafts actually, thats even less than i had. Im in a similar situation where i could tell that the lowered hairline is less dense than whats behind.

However, let me tell you that when it is grown out like him ( and me in my case) the less dense transplanted hairline visually increases density to the hair behind it because they are in front of it.

Look at his pre-op and at the recipient sites, and tell how it would look if he had grown out to this length preop.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    I'm in the "this needs to be denser" camp. Obviously it's a matter of personal taste, but I would find that unacceptably low. The design is good, but I would go back for another pass.
    yeah, he has a nice hairline. But if he wore his hair up, it will look thinner on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago99 View Post

The close up pics of your hairline look like a natural hairline. Like others have said, we are our biggest critic. At this point you are just looking for flaws. No one would ever or will ever dissect your hairline like your are doing now. There is no possible way anyone would ever think you had a ht.
    You guys should rather check out to which thread and "close up pics of your hairline" the quote above belongs to ... pfffffft...

@sanook, I posted/linked one of your nice hairline photos in another thread - but in another (interesting) context:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...&postcount=106

Well it's been 2 years now since I had the procedure done and I've recently decided I want more work performed on my frontal third to make it thicker.

I've attached a couple of photos showing the current state of my hair loss / results.

I'm now weighing up my options and would appreciate any advice anyone has as to what direction I should take things. Based on the results I've shown in this thread, do you think it would be wise to return to HASCI for an additional procedure? or should I now consider a different surgeon for the traditional FUE technique?

My concern with HASCI is how many grafts they would be willing to transplant. I initially paid for 1400 and only got 1250 planted when I arrived.

I like the work Dr Feriduni, so I'm also seriously considering him as an option. I've noticed he often performs FUE with 2000+ grafts. I like the idea of getting a much higher count transplanted and not having to worry about my hair for at least 5 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	top.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	37509   Click image for larger version

Name:	hairline.jpg

Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	37510  

hey Sanook,

I am on the exacty same position, but I only consider HASCI if I ever do another.
    How would you describe your two years post HST?

I'd like to bridge it for another 3 to 5 years of peace as well and then see what's out!!!

I think we only live once, we should enjoy hair in our 20's 30's 40's.... at 50, I guess, it starts to be less important!!! although, it's always better to feel 100% happy with who you are and hair loss is like amutation of something you used to have, it's not vanity, it's (I want my situation back)

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    Well it's been 2 years now since I had the procedure done and I've recently decided I want more work performed on my frontal third to make it thicker.

I've attached a couple of photos showing the current state of my hair loss / results.

I'm now weighing up my options and would appreciate any advice anyone has as to what direction I should take things. Based on the results I've shown in this thread, do you think it would be wise to return to HASCI for an additional procedure? or should I now consider a different surgeon for the traditional FUE technique?

My concern with HASCI is how many grafts they would be willing to transplant. I initially paid for 1400 and only got 1250 planted when I arrived.

I like the work Dr Feriduni, so I'm also seriously considering him as an option. I've noticed he often performs FUE with 2000+ grafts. I like the idea of getting a much higher count transplanted and not having to worry about my hair for at least 5 years.
    I think the biggest problem with HASCI (apart from the fact that they're selling lies of course) is that they're quite horrible at implanting hair in an aesthetically appealing way. Your photo's show it very well, most hairs are implanted at a wrong angle: it's very easy to see what was your original hair and what's not. That problem becomes somewhat less noticeable when your hair is longer, in my experience, but even now I have some hairs I just always need to make sure I have gel in, otherwise they look just very weird angled.

And then, the other big problem is indeed that they only do very low amounts of grafts. Keep in mind that they transplant way less hair per graft than other doctors, so if you're talking about at 1200 graft procedure, that might only be 600 grafts you get from a FUE doctor. So if you want results quick, then HASCI is really not an option.

And then there's the crazy price, but I don't care too much about that myself, although I do feel they're like robbing patients with those crazy prices.

I'm also still watching my hair, I think I'll still be good this year, but I might go in for surgery next year. I'm sure I will not go to HASCI again, but will do some research and will go with one of the best FUE doctors out there, not sure yet which, but it needs to be someone who actually understands how to implant hair at the correct angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I think the biggest problem with HASCI (apart from the fact that they're selling lies of course) is that they're quite horrible at implanting hair in an aesthetically appealing way. Your photo's show it very well, most hairs are implanted at a wrong angle: it's very easy to see what was your original hair and what's not. That problem becomes somewhat less noticeable when your hair is longer, in my experience, but even now I have some hairs I just always need to make sure I have gel in, otherwise they look just very weird angled.

And then, the other big problem is indeed that they only do very low amounts of grafts. Keep in mind that they transplant way less hair per graft than other doctors, so if you're talking about at 1200 graft procedure, that might only be 600 grafts you get from a FUE doctor. So if you want results quick, then HASCI is really not an option.

And then there's the crazy price, but I don't care too much about that myself, although I do feel they're like robbing patients with those crazy prices.

I'm also still watching my hair, I think I'll still be good this year, but I might go in for surgery next year. I'm sure I will not go to HASCI again, but will do some research and will go with one of the best FUE doctors out there, not sure yet which, but it needs to be someone who actually understands how to implant hair at the correct angle.

I guess what really keeps me interested in HASCI is the minimal scarring in the donor area. I like to keep the back and sides quite short (at least a 2 guard), so I'm a bit cautious about getting FUE as I've heard mixed opinions on the scarring?

1mg or 5mg Finasteride, pay after delivery, highly recommended service, they promise to match or better any price you currently pay.
    To order simply email hair@chemist.com