Nioxin - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nioxin

Default Nioxin

Been on the big three since November 2012 but I really don't like Nizoral so I purchased regenpure instead and used it today and I read it has Ket in it like Nizoral does and other things.

But I was also curios about Nioxin, does it really work? what system works best?

I will use Regenpure and Nioxin on alternate days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuburbs View Post
    Been on the big three since November 2012 but I really don't like Nizoral so I purchased regenpure instead and used it today and I read it has Ket in it like Nizoral does and other things.

But I was also curios about Nioxin, does it really work? what system works best?

I will use Regenpure and Nioxin on alternate days.
    Nioxin categorically does not work for MPB. I used it in the early 2000's. To me it is pitched as something that reverses baldness when it really does not.. I classify it as a snake oil company for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuburbs View Post
    But I was also curios about Nioxin, does it really work?
    Nioxin does absolutely nothing to treat hereditary hair loss. Nioxin is probably the biggest scam going in the world of hair loss treatments.

Few things make me get angry, but the marketing of Nioxin by so many salons is really getting under my skin. I was with a friend the other day at a Regis salon and the lady at the salon started on about Nioxin. I couldn't help but butt into the sales pitch and call her out to provide real meaningful proof of effectiveness... She didn't make the sale. Chock up one win for the crazy red head. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Nioxin does absolutely nothing to treat hereditary hair loss. Nioxin is probably the biggest scam going in the world of hair loss treatments.

Few things make me get angry, but the marketing of Nioxin by so many salons is really getting under my skin. I was with a friend the other day at a Regis salon and the lady at the salon started on about Nioxin. I couldn't help but butt into the sales pitch and call her out to provide real meaningful proof of effectiveness... She didn't make the sale. Chock up one win for the crazy red head. LOL
    Chick at a salon tried to sell me it too when I was in the very early stages of hair loss and made light conversation of my thinning hair.

I knew nothing about any of the viable treatments (aside from what I had seen on TV commercials), but it just didn't make sense to me that some shampoo (Nioxin) existed as a wonder drug and every balding dude ever wasn't saved. It was just stupid expensive too.

Inactive

Outside of the big 3; duta, spiro, and maybe some experimental things like RU are the only things worth a damn. Most other hair loss shampoos, vitamins, etc. are all worthless.

Tracy C.... in your opinion what would be an ideal shampoo that a hair loss sufferer could use that would maintain existing hair & keep it healthy

I have never read any post where "Nizoral" has been proven to keep someones hair.

I have used Nioxin, and at the time it gave me a massive shed that kept going and going. I don't think i made it past the 3 months. It's cheap enough on Amazon, I will give it another go.

I've been using Nioxin System 1 for a few weeks now and must admit that I like it. I bought 1 litre bottles of just the shampoo & conditioner for about $50 combined which should last at least 4 months.

It does zero for mpb but I feel my hair looks better and my scalp feels cleaner mainly because of the nice 'tingle' from the conditioner. So, no proof that the scalp is actually cleaner but if it is I imagine that supports the Rogaine I apply after I shower. Again, zero proof about the scalp actually being cleaner but it just feels that way.

my experience is that it's relatively cheap, feels nice using it and does make my hair look nicer so overall I'm a fan of Nioxin...just as a shampoo and not an mpb treatment.

Nioxin is a categorical scam and a waste of money. I used it for close to year and nothing.. it is just a mint scented shampoo that provides a tingling stimulation.. you could get the same sensation pouring ginger ale over your head for a year as well. But as PT Barnum was quoted as saying(also the history books say it wasn't him who actually said it) "there is a sucker born every minute."

For the poster that said Nizoral can not help keep hair you need to read up and do some research before you make blanket statements like that there are tons of information sites on internet alone that speak of what Nizoral can do and why it has been so popular in the bald man's fight to keep his hair.. by itself it can not keep hair but it has an active agent called ketoconazole that Nioxin certainly does NOT have that is an active DHT blocker an anti androgen that helps to combat hair loss and MPB along with Minoxidil 5% and Finasteride or Dutasteride.

Friday Night Funkin is the only dodonghj music game that helps me overcome the temptation of tiredness that plagues me every hour of the day at work.