Apart from possible sides, is there any REAL reason to start with fin over dut?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisM
    • Jun 2012

Show me the study that validates increased libido in Men for Dutasteride.. Warlord.

Even if you did I could refute that with twice that number of men reporting sexual sides, decrease or loss or libido and erection dysfunction simply from the fact that Dutasteride is far more powerful as DHT Inhibitor than its cousin Finasteride before it.

And so the costs and risks are greater in its use as well as the side effects in its use are more pronounced in clinical studies and trials than Finasteride.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

I felt like my libido got a little stronger when I started dut. Maybe it was just because I felt happy I was stepping up my hair regimen. Being in a good mood is good for libido in my experience
      The other possibility is a rise in T. But I never get blood tests done so for all I know this T could just be converting to estrogen

And yes I would not be surprised if guys who get side effects on dut get them more intensely than guys who get sides on fin. Either way I feel bad for those guys....but if it was me I would most likely stay on DHT inhibs anyway

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
        I felt like my libido got a little stronger when I started dut. Maybe it was just because I felt happy I was stepping up my hair regimen. Being in a good mood is good for libido in my experience
        The other possibility is a rise in T. But I never get blood tests done so for all I know this T could just be converting to estrogen

And yes I would not be surprised if guys who get side effects on dut get them more intensely than guys who get sides on fin. Either way I feel bad for those guys....but if it was me I would most likely stay on DHT inhibs anyway
        I probably wouldn't, but then again I never had these side effects, so I don't know how I would react if I do get them. Whether i'll panic and drop it, or say f-ck jerking off/sex and stay on it, I don't know and I don't want to know. I really want to add RU to my hair loss treatment line up. I just 1. Don't want to mess with making it myself and doing it wrong and wasting all that money, 2. Can't even buy it premixed from mpbtreatments because they don't ship to the U.S.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          I probably wouldn't, but then again I never had these side effects, so I don't know how I would react if I do get them. Whether i'll panic and drop it, or say f-ck jerking off/sex and stay on it, I don't know and I don't want to know.
          Well I have BDD so you have to keep that in mind when you read about my priorities
          Actual ED is the one thing that might make me think twice. Lack of sex would take so much purpose out of having hair....

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          I really want to add RU to my hair loss treatment line up. I just 1. Don't want to mess with making it myself and doing it wrong and wasting all that money, 2. Can't even buy it premixed from mpbtreatments because they don't ship to the U.S.
          RU is still iffy to me. Everything about it is just less reliable (group buys, international shipping, getting stuck in customs, bad batches), less convenient (buy some lab supplies + mix the treatment yourself, store it in your fridge, apply it every day....did I mention I hate topicals....and then traveling, emergencies, etc), more conspicuous (nobody associates popping pills with treating hair loss except balding guys who take DHT inhibitors themselves)
          I want to try it too but I wish I could just get this stuff from a local pharm. The way it is now, I do not see myself getting on it unless I somehow start losing ground on dut+fin+keto

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

Same thing with me, it's just to hard to get and a hassle to make. Then you have the claims of it being "finasteride without the sides", then you read about guys getting low libido with it. What it sounds like to me is more like "finasteride but more expensive".

With that said, if it was easier to get, i'd have tried it.

Comment

• WarLord
              • May 2012

Originally posted by ChrisM
              Even if you did I could refute that with twice that number of men reporting sexual sides, decrease or loss or libido and erection dysfunction simply from the fact that Dutasteride is far more powerful as DHT Inhibitor than its cousin Finasteride before it.
              Yes, the side effects are at least 50% more frequent. 2% vs 3%. A huge difference.

Stop this fearmongering, please. Both finasteride and dutasteride are very safe drugs. Well, we can't be so much certain about dutasteride yet, but the stopping of hairloss doesn't require a complete eradication of DHT.

Comment

Working...