+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I guess it just doesn't seem worth it. What is a doctor going to tell me that I don't already know? Is a prescription-requiring on-line pharmacy any cheaper than one that doesn't require a prescription? I don't see why anyone is suggesting that I visit a doctor.
    Frankly, I'm not yet well-versed in the whole on-line thing. I have the opportunity to see a concerned and qualified dermatologist on the campus I'm already at for education. I just get frustrated that she wants me to wait before starting fin, so that's why I entertain the idea of utilizing on-line pharmacies. Ultimately, I know I should defer to her discretion, which is what I'll probably continue to do. I do, a few times a week, get the urge to just order fin from on-line still - I can't lie.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Frankly, I'm not yet well-versed in the whole on-line thing. I have the opportunity to see a concerned and qualified dermatologist on the campus I'm already at for education. I just get frustrated that she wants me to wait before starting fin, so that's why I entertain the idea of utilizing on-line pharmacies. Ultimately, I know I should defer to her discretion, which is what I'll probably continue to do. I do, a few times a week, get the urge to just order fin from on-line still - I can't lie.
    I understand your frustration. Honestly, I think it's pretty easy to tell if you have MPB or not in most cases. And since most doctors have never even heard of PFS, they're not going to make you run blood tests beforehand anyway. Unless you're adamant that you have them first, I don't see why a doctor's input is needed.

Really???

It bothers you that much to get a script for Fin filled?!

Hope you don't have a hemoroid flare up any time soon!!!

Inactive

I think I need to rephrase my question, since some people lack reading comprehension and gave me advice about sides and how I need a doctor for some reason. Please pretend my topic says "Would dut narrow my window of hair-retention in any way, shape, or form?" I'm still not entirely sure on how people build "tolerances" to fin or dut. I think hair loss just gets more aggressive as you age and "should" be hairless. If you're limiting 95+% of DHT from the get-go, it shouldn't matter, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    DUT will bring you better results for sure, but maybe fin alone along with minox and niz and a good diet will bring you back to where you you will be happy with yourself. You are already panicking that's okay we all went trough this phase! But maybe fin can already ease your pain and you'll get to keep some of your sex drive whereas DUTASTERIDE is much more likely to give you the libido of your grandfather.
    The funny thing is that many men actually report INCREASED LIBIDO on dut. (I did as well, and besides acne, it's been the only side effect that I have observed after 10 weeks on dut.) This is pretty logical, owing to the larger increase of testosterone. However, many hypochondriacs are obsessed with "sexual side effects" and they think that when dut is stronger than fin, these "sexual side effects" must inevitably be stronger as well. And it is almost inevitable that their sick minds overflowing with rich imagination will generate these expected "sides" soon or later.

Show me the study that validates increased libido in Men for Dutasteride.. Warlord.

Even if you did I could refute that with twice that number of men reporting sexual sides, decrease or loss or libido and erection dysfunction simply from the fact that Dutasteride is far more powerful as DHT Inhibitor than its cousin Finasteride before it.

And so the costs and risks are greater in its use as well as the side effects in its use are more pronounced in clinical studies and trials than Finasteride.

I felt like my libido got a little stronger when I started dut. Maybe it was just because I felt happy I was stepping up my hair regimen. Being in a good mood is good for libido in my experience
    The other possibility is a rise in T. But I never get blood tests done so for all I know this T could just be converting to estrogen

And yes I would not be surprised if guys who get side effects on dut get them more intensely than guys who get sides on fin. Either way I feel bad for those guys....but if it was me I would most likely stay on DHT inhibs anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I felt like my libido got a little stronger when I started dut. Maybe it was just because I felt happy I was stepping up my hair regimen. Being in a good mood is good for libido in my experience
    The other possibility is a rise in T. But I never get blood tests done so for all I know this T could just be converting to estrogen

And yes I would not be surprised if guys who get side effects on dut get them more intensely than guys who get sides on fin. Either way I feel bad for those guys....but if it was me I would most likely stay on DHT inhibs anyway
    I probably wouldn't, but then again I never had these side effects, so I don't know how I would react if I do get them. Whether i'll panic and drop it, or say f-ck jerking off/sex and stay on it, I don't know and I don't want to know. I really want to add RU to my hair loss treatment line up. I just 1. Don't want to mess with making it myself and doing it wrong and wasting all that money, 2. Can't even buy it premixed from mpbtreatments because they don't ship to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I probably wouldn't, but then again I never had these side effects, so I don't know how I would react if I do get them. Whether i'll panic and drop it, or say f-ck jerking off/sex and stay on it, I don't know and I don't want to know.
    Well I have BDD so you have to keep that in mind when you read about my priorities
    Actual ED is the one thing that might make me think twice. Lack of sex would take so much purpose out of having hair....

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I really want to add RU to my hair loss treatment line up. I just 1. Don't want to mess with making it myself and doing it wrong and wasting all that money, 2. Can't even buy it premixed from mpbtreatments because they don't ship to the U.S.
    RU is still iffy to me. Everything about it is just less reliable (group buys, international shipping, getting stuck in customs, bad batches), less convenient (buy some lab supplies + mix the treatment yourself, store it in your fridge, apply it every day....did I mention I hate topicals....and then traveling, emergencies, etc), more conspicuous (nobody associates popping pills with treating hair loss except balding guys who take DHT inhibitors themselves)
    I want to try it too but I wish I could just get this stuff from a local pharm. The way it is now, I do not see myself getting on it unless I somehow start losing ground on dut+fin+keto

Same thing with me, it's just to hard to get and a hassle to make. Then you have the claims of it being "finasteride without the sides", then you read about guys getting low libido with it. What it sounds like to me is more like "finasteride but more expensive".

With that said, if it was easier to get, i'd have tried it.