+ Reply to Thread

Default Why hair is so overrated?

I have some friends who are my age (early thirties) and NW0 but are very ugly. On the other hand, some of them are bald but good looking. Maybe the bald ones try to stay in shape, that is why they look good.

But coming back to the point, don't you think hair is overrated? If that wasn't the case, then how come a NW0 can still look so damn ugly while a NW7 can still look good with a shaved head.

Also when I see the before and after pictures of hair transplants, I notice many of them look worse after the transplant. Bald is not that bad as some people make it to be. If you are blessed with good facial features, you still look cool bald.

Also some girls are really brainwashed by the society to think of bald as bad. I was watching a video where when asked from a girl what she do not find attractive, she immediately said balding men, like balding men have some contagious disease. Stupid girl!

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I have some friends who are my age (early thirties) and NW0 but are very ugly. On the other hand, some of them are bald but good looking. Maybe the bald ones try to stay in shape, that is why they look good.

But coming back to the point, don't you think hair is overrated? if that wasn't the case, then how come a NW0 can still look so damn ugly while a NW7 can still look good with a shaved head.
    For me personally, losing some of my hair has made me aware that my physical appearance is 1.) controllable in many aspects and 2.) easily taken for granted (until an eye-opening experiences like hair loss).

I've always been into fashion and being in decent shape. But, now that my hair has deterred I feel I need to compensate with more nice clothes (which requires a good job to pay for it), a body I'm proud to look at and share with some lucky damsels, and an identity more focused on the things I have immediate control of.

The guys who don't learn to shift the importance of hair onto other aspects of life, while continuing to watch it deter, are the guys who end up miserable and left feeling hopeless. The guys who learn to shift the importance away from hair, find themselves content with their appearance and identity because hair is no longer paramount to them. The latter are the guys who can thin out and still approach a woman, look her in the eyes, radiate confidence, and entertain. The former make women uncomfortable and leave them wishing they hadn't approached the poor sap in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    For me personally, losing some of my hair has made me aware that my physical appearance is 1.) controllable in many aspects and 2.) easily taken for granted (until an eye-opening experiences like hair loss).

I've always been into fashion and being in decent shape. But, now that my hair has deterred I feel I need to compensate with more nice clothes (which requires a good job to pay for it), a body I'm proud to look at and share with some lucky damsels, and an identity more focused on the things I have immediate control of.

The guys who don't learn to shift the importance of hair onto other aspects of life, while continuing to watch it deter, are the guys who end up miserable and left feeling hopeless. The guys who learn to shift the importance away from hair, find themselves content with their appearance and identity because hair is no longer paramount to them. The latter are the guys who can thin out and still approach a woman, look her in the eyes, radiate confidence, and entertain. The former make women uncomfortable and leave them wishing they hadn't approached the poor sap in the first place.
    I agree with you. If you have lost your hair, its not the end of the world. You can still look great by having like only 10% body fat and no fat on your face. Thin face looks great even with a bald head and some facial hair that complements it. Look at Zidane, he looks better than most of the NW0s.

The point is with hair loss you then have to try extra hard to make up for it in other ways to try to compensate just to get on even footing with other men that maybe have hair plus whatever you have. Its just like playing with a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    The point is with hair loss you then have to try extra hard to make up for it in other ways to try to compensate just to get on even footing with other men that maybe have hair plus whatever you have. Its just like playing with a handicap.
    I don't think its a handicap. Even some women look great bald, so how come bald look bad on men, when bald comes naturally to men, plus men have facial hair in their arsenal. If I talk about myself, I didn't use to look better with hair than what I now look bald. In fact if I wear a beanie hat, I look worse than what I look without it. In no way, baldness affect my face.

Im not saying all men look worse bald. There are guys that maybe can pull off looking bald because there are always exceptions, but I still argue the majority of men though cant pull off the bald look.Im just thankful my hair is still in good shape I am maybe NW 1.5 and when I check our current treatments and how much worse so many other guys are I am thankful every day for what I have.
    Im just using topical spiro because I think propecia is frankly a scary thing long term to be using. I have never taken an aspirin or advil yet alone a hormone changing medication for the next 5 or 10 years.

very few guys can pull of the bald look IMO. Seems like guys that have the tough guy or athletic but a good looking face tend to be the most likely to be able to pull it off.