Best surgeons for FUE - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Best surgeons for FUE

Hi all,

I'm contemplating a follow-up to my 1,450-graft FUT procedure last summer, and I think I'm going the FUE route this time. I know the big players in the FUT game, but who are the handful of surgeons widely considered the very best in FUE?

Thanks!

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

In my view in an almost random order: Dr Rahal, Dr Feriduni, Dr Feller...

Cheers

Still_Researching went through almost an identical decision-making process as me, and I think it's no coincidence.

Dr Rahal, Dr Feriduni and Dr Feller are three top docs. I think there will be more, but for me those three had the best reputation and evidence of good work.

I am probably not being helpful here but I want to add my .o2 .

the FUE on the surface of it is vastly superior to the FUT because there is no scar and since most Norwood 6 or 7 guys will never achieve full density, why not add the optical illusion of fullness with LESS density in the horse shoe area where its ultra dense.

Take 50% of the hairs from the horse shoe donor area and plant em on the top and in theory shouldnt you have equal density everywhere or thereabouts?

In theory its excellent. However, science has NOT caught up with the theory.

Every time the doctor uses a punch graph to go below the skin to 'grab' the hair follicle , hes doing it blind. He cant see under the surface. So up to 40% of the time depending if the follicle is on an angle or whatnot, he ends up cutting the follicle in half and the hair then wont grow after transplant.

With the FUT method, the doctor gets them all out via cutting a slice underneath the scalp, and the technicians can then see the follicles under microscope and snag them all for 100% regrowth.

I would take the FUT and then look into the new 'dye' or 'tattoo' method of covering up the thin scar so you can shave your head down even shorter.

Actually, I think Dr Feller is not a big fan of FUE over 1000 grafts so I'd probably say to put him on an FUT shortlist rather than FUE.

After that it depends on location and affordability.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    So up to 40% of the time depending if the follicle is on an angle or whatnot, he ends up cutting the follicle in half and the hair then wont grow after transplant.
    Hi drybone, what's the source for this information? I've read of a slightly lower rate of survival for FUE v FUT, but 40% sounds very high.

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Drybone,
    I think your numbers come from a Dr or individual who cannot perform FUE or dislike it for whatever reason. In the hands of the 3 Docs mentioned above the survival rates in FUE are close to that of FUT as long as you stay below 3000 grafts (Feller only do up to 1000 in one go).

Dr Feriduni performs 2500+ FUE frequently in one go with top results, I am a walking example of that... Use the search function to see my results.

Cheers

You guys know me. I have no idea what I am talking about .

I read its like 40% somewhere but yeah thats too high. I personally WANT the FUE treatments to become the norm, but science has not caught up with it yet.

Congrats on those who have had success with the FUE.

I talked to a guy in Colorado who now tells me he can do the strip to OVERLAP so that way there is no scar. Probably more painful and a lot of ingrown hairs as it heals though.

I've always leaned towards Feller; just seen so many knockout results from him. I'm contemplating ~1,000 grafts to add some density to my hairline after a 1,450 graft procedure in June. I've gotten different advice; some people say it's silly to do FUE if you've already got the scar, but I'd like to do some FUE into the scar in order to get some camouflage. But my worry is that if I need/want another procedure in the future, I've already "closed" the scar via FUE, so it's sort of a waste (at least if I want a FUT procedure).

This is all a little premature, since I'm just over 7 mos. post-op, and everyone and their mother says that my results will still thicken up. Sort of amazing to think that it'll change more, but that's what I've heard.

Hey win.

I hear your conundrum. Its quite a pickle.

I wonder if you can put up some photos because I am in the same boat. I just did 1333 grafts in the front in November and I dont even have any growth yet. But I want so see what kind of density I can expect from someone further down the road.