+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I literally cannot believe how quickly my hairline is vanishing in one concentrated spot where my hair naturally parts.

I want to wait it out and see if minox will give me some regrowth. But at this rate, I might be better off just getting a fin script asap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2013-02-09 at 04.37.jpg

Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	19267  

Hey bud.

I would advise going to a doctor or dermatologist because you are getting all kinds of conflicting opinions here.

I will say that in my short tenure here Tracy has given consistent advice and tends to back it up with independent study instead of straight intuition .

Im not doubting the others testimonials regarding side effects and whatnot, but if Tracy says its 4% of men who experience them, you can be fairly confident its something in that range.

I was against meds for a long time because I felt I was delaying the inevitable and decided just to get a hair transplant to avoid DHT and what not. Like the lucky bast@rds who inherited DHT resistant full heads of hair .

However, after having my first transplant on my hairline I have changed my mind. Transplanting cannot give the density that your natural hair has . You can 'dense pack' but its expensive , time consuming and there is no guarantee it will look as good as you want.

Your hair reminds me of my hair . Grow it longer to make it look thicker. When I finally got my hair transplant, I shaved my hair down to 1/4 of an inch to match the grafts ........and then the grafts fell out. Lol.

I had not shaved my head that short since I was 23 years old. I am now 46 and when I shaved it, I was FLOORED at how far my male pattern hairloss had become.

I was still a norwood 2 , but the thinning was going to make me a norwood 4 within 10 years. I had no idea it was so thin compared to the sides and back.

All that being said, after my hair transplant healed, I decided to check out finasteride to STOP the hairloss. I dont expect a full head of hair like some chia plant to just spring out. I just do NOT want to get to where I have a hole in the crown and heading for NW 4 or 5.

Its supposed to block the DHT which then in turn allows your hair follicles to grow normally. This is all I expect.

Your hair still looks alright but I strongly suggest you look into finasteride or some other DHT blocker so that you wont lose any more.

i also bought 5000 mcg biotin pills and they DEFINITELY work. My hair is noticeably thicker and grew faster. It doesnt grow new hair but strengthens the hair you still have.

Hope this helps

Thanks man.

I don't really have the money to splash out on something like a dermatologist right now. Especially when I suspect all they'll do is tell me 'Yep, you're balding', take my money and write me a finasteride prescription. If I want that I'll probably just go to a GP, but I'm still undecided. I think what I may do is pick up a script, get the meds and then wait a month or so and see how minox is doing.

My main concern is how quickly my hairline is disappearing on one side. But I know shedding is natural and positive on minox, and that I should probably hold out a while.

I don't know. I'm repeating myself.

It just doesn't feel right not to do more right now.

So I've decided I'm going to get a fin script. I had a look at my hair under direct light and can see my scalp on the left side thinning pretty quickly into a NW3. Right side of my hair/hairline is still untouched, thick and dense.

I plan to taper onto the medication quite slowly, in preparation for the imminent possibility of my penis falling off and my developing 44 double d breasts and an unhealthy sense of empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromnova View Post
    So I've decided I'm going to get a fin script. I had a look at my hair under direct light and can see my scalp on the left side thinning pretty quickly into a NW3. Right side of my hair/hairline is still untouched, thick and dense.

I plan to taper onto the medication quite slowly, in preparation for the imminent possibility of my penis falling off and my developing 44 double d breasts and an unhealthy sense of empathy.

Lol thats awesome.

My personal experience with fin has been fine. No adverse side effects at all. Some very slight increase in hair at my crown, but not much change at the front. Although, my hair loss is far more along than yours. As far as sexual function, it has actually greatly improved since taking the medication (but that might be more info than you wanted). I get the 5mg pills and cut them up, as it works out much more affordable.

Best of luck!

Yeah, I'm likely going to go the 5mg route too if possible. I'm not exorbitantly wealthy.

Shedding seems to have eased off the past couple of days. That's some relief, at least. I think I'll still get a script for fin, though. When/if I'll begin taking it is a different story.

Slightly better photo of the thinning on my one temple which has happened in the past few weeks. Again though - looks worse in person. Minox is destroying my hairline, but I can't stop now.

Name:	Photo on 2013-02-14 at 12.58.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	19399  

Christ. The speed of this is insane. Hair is see-through around my left temple now and is thinning quicker and quicker. Can't really cover it up anymore.

Name:	Photo on 2013-02-18 at 13.48 #2.jpg

Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	19462  

So, I got a proscar script today, though the doctor took a lot of convincing.

He had literally never heard of propecia. He kept telling me he had huge doubts as to the efficacy of any treatment such as propecia, despite admitting moments before that he'd never heard of the drug. He thought it was something 'like regaine' and would be well-known if it was as effective as I was claiming.

I told him it was well-known. I also told him I was shocked he'd never heard of it, whilst looking at his receding hairline.

I think somebody from the waiting room might have slipped into the GPs office, murdered said GP, stuffed him into a wardrobe and played doctor for the afternoon.

I'll probably hear about it on the news later.

Anyway, I have a 3 month proscar script now - 12 months on 1mg.