Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koolx
    • Oct 2010

Can Thinning Front Scalp Be Restored?

1) is it possible to restore hair in the front of the scalp where hair is thinning but not bald?

2) is there a danger for hair shock loss?

3) can you provide links to before and after pics showing this?
  • mattj
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2009

1) Yes, absolutely. In most procedures where the hairline is being treated there will still be hair remaining in the area. Grafts would be planted around them.

2) Yes, some danger. The surgeon shouldn't treat areas which are still high in density as it isn't a good idea to plant hairs too close to the existing hair in the area. If the area is treatable then weaker hairs (those going through the miniaturization process) are those most likely to be permanently lost.

3) Many of the results I posted here show patients who had hair planted into thinning areas:

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a nice time this festive season. Many patients saw their results reach full bloom during 2012, and I decided to compile the results that I've posted through the year. Here's to a fantastic 2013 and more great results to come! Click on graft count for original thread and pictures. 3082

The hair loss pattern you describe is not uncommon at all.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• koolx
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mattj
      1) Yes, absolutely. In most procedures where the hairline is being treated there will still be hair remaining in the area. Grafts would be planted around them.
      i'm not bald in the front of my scalp. but i'm thinning. i have a good hairline going across. i just want to add density to this area where theres still hair but is thinning. is it still possible to add hair to an area with hair still there?

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

Many surgeons will want to buzz down the recipient area when there is a fair amount of exisitng hair. They do this so they can carefully follow the natural direction and angulation of the exisitng hair to avoid transecting that hair. This is critical in dense-packing procedures.
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• mattj
          Doctor Representative
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by koolx
          i'm not bald in the front of my scalp. but i'm thinning. i have a good hairline going across. i just want to add density to this area where theres still hair but is thinning. is it still possible to add hair to an area with hair still there?
          Yes. That's exactly what's been done with this patient:

Gillenator is right (as usual) that the area would need to be shaved to allow for the hairs to be placed at a high density and at the correct angle.
          I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• koolx
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mattj
            Yes. That's exactly what's been done with this patient:

Gillenator is right (as usual) that the area would need to be shaved to allow for the hairs to be placed at a high density and at the correct angle.
            !!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! DO NOT mention dr. rahal again.. this dr. rahal is a ****ing fake HT doc. he posts fake pics of patients and hides his real work that way.

Comment

• mg39
              • Jan 2011

These are all legitimate results my friend, and Dr Rahal is the real deal. I had a large procedure done with him and am coming up on 1 year post procedure. Sometimes I can't believe the difference myself when I look in the mirror.

Comment

Working...