Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mecha
    • Jun 2009

Concern

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask if I am going bald, because for the last year or so my hair seems to get thinner and when I wash my hair a fair amount of comes off every time, I know I will eventually be bald when I am in my late 60s but I and only 19, and some of my friends told me I shouldn't worry too much about my hair but I just can't help it you know? Can someone put my mind at ease or tell me what is wrong with me. Thanks
  • Zao
    • Dec 2008

You’ll need to attach some pictures. It’s normal to lose some hair in the shower everyday. How much is a “fair amount”?

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

If you have a family history of Male Pattern Baldness, now is the time to start trying to prevent further hair loss. Propecia would most likely be your best option. You may be able to find a local hair restoration physician and have a consultation to help determine if there is anything you can do now to slow down your hair loss. Do not wait until your hair is very thin or gone before trying to do something about it. I would be glad to give you my opinion, but would need to see a couple of photos first.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...