+ Reply to Thread

Default 22 years old, need some help!

Hi, thanks for a great forum, after reading alot of the topics here im creating my own.
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/861/lookgoodse.png
    the top 2 are just after the shower, the 2 below with dry hair,
    my hairline has been declining steady 1-2 cm last 2 years and its really bugging me out, im starting with the big 3 now, but im so afraid of the shedding, any tips on what to do? so sick of sometimes being positive when reading about new treatments and then the other day read that scientists havent got any breakthroughs in the last 5 years, what is the real deal?
    and im also figuring out if i should get a dr Gho hairtransplant, any comments ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias123 View Post
    Hi, thanks for a great forum, after reading alot of the topics here im creating my own.
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/861/lookgoodse.png
    the top 2 are just after the shower, the 2 below with dry hair,
    my hairline has been declining steady 1-2 cm last 2 years and its really bugging me out, im starting with the big 3 now, but im so afraid of the shedding, any tips on what to do? so sick of sometimes being positive when reading about new treatments and then the other day read that scientists havent got any breakthroughs in the last 5 years, what is the real deal?
    and im also figuring out if i should get a dr Gho hairtransplant, any comments ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Well, you're definitely thinning a lot. Get on the Big 3 ASAP if you're certain you can commit to them. I've seen at least one of the medical professionals that occasionally replies to these threads advise only starting one drug at a time, to give your body time to cope. My personal, but unprofessional advise, is to head after finasteride which is cheap if you go generic. Some other may disagree with me.

I'd stop deriving temporary happiness from blips in "good news" regarding new treatments. As long as you're a member of a hair loss forum, you'll always know about the next finasteride or keto. People do their homework here. Focus, instead, on the currently available and viable treatments and worry about the rest of life.

As for HT's, do whatever you want based your fiscal obligations.

Agree wth BigThinker. Get on Fin rightaway and dont think too much abt it. Then add Niz and Minox. Starting treatments at this stage, it is highly likely that you will retain a decent head of hair.

wow thanks for great answers! Money is not really an issue is more that i dont trust that the donor area will grow back, and if i dont want to shave my head for the procedure, will it look weird with an HST? Thanks again!

okey so im starting with finans next week, will probably start with a very low dose, im also going to london next week to talk with dr gho for a possible transplant to make up for what ive lost, shouldent be that much but i dont want it all to shredd of! will post next week after the meeting

So i went to Hair science institute in london yesterday, they said they couldent give me an transplant within the next 6 months, because i'm to young at the moment and could loose to much hair. But this answer was expected, but another thing was very unexpected, when i asked about finansterid they told me it probably wont help with receding hairline in the frontal area, is this true? please tell me its not! and when i asked about future medication they told me a product that will help will probably not be on the market for the next 50 years, considering its a battle against mother nature.
    IF someone has another opinion about this, and can explain why, it would be really nice to hear.

Thanks
    / Alias123

2.5 weeks into propecia, still no sides and not much shredding at all, taking half a pill a day and using the shampoo twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias123 View Post
    So i went to Hair science institute in london yesterday, they said they couldent give me an transplant within the next 6 months, because i'm to young at the moment and could loose to much hair. But this answer was expected, but another thing was very unexpected, when i asked about finansterid they told me it probably wont help with receding hairline in the frontal area, is this true? please tell me its not! and when i asked about future medication they told me a product that will help will probably not be on the market for the next 50 years, considering its a battle against mother nature.
    IF someone has another opinion about this, and can explain why, it would be really nice to hear.

Thanks
    / Alias123
    50 years? Lol they're already growing organs in the lab - I doubt a better treatment is 50 years off.