+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    I don't mine having the bald look. I would definitely rather have hair but I'm 6'7 and I use to model so I can pull off the bald look. Plus I can grow a badass beard. BALD= bad ass looking dude. As far as my hair now, I've lost a TON! It's gotten 5x worse then what's in the pictures. I'm learning to cope with it. Could be worse though.
    How's the finasteride treatment going man?

It's now kicking ass! Been on it for 7-8 months (finpecia 1mg ONCE per week and rogaine TWICE daily) and I've actually stick with it. The shedding was horrific, I mean freaking a nightmare. I was losing 200-400 hairs a day bc I was enduring the shedding from both the rogaine and the fin at the same time but now it's growing back and looks thicker than it has been in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by nursedude22 View Post
    How's the finasteride treatment going man?
    Also, all the hair that was thinning on the side has now stopped and is even growing now. 3 months ago I thought I was going to be a bald man. Now, I don't even think about my hair anymore. I use to wear hats all the time but now I don't. I'll post pictures later.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Also, all the hair that was thinning on the side has now stopped and is even growing now. 3 months ago I thought I was going to be a bald man. Now, I don't even think about my hair anymore. I use to wear hats all the time but now I don't. I'll post pictures later.

Hi There
    I was wondering how your hair is looking like now with your same regiment?
    Cheers

I'm going to bump this because I've been searching for answers everywhere to this specific type of hair loss

I have the exact same problem happening right now.

I started fin just over 3 months ago but I'm losing hairs like crazy just about everywhere. As well on the sides like you say they come out like pubic thick and curly but short. Now you said it's working? Do you mind uploading any up dated pictures? I'm getting worried that Fin isn't the answer

Thanks man

I wish i didn't wait 6 years to get in fin like an idiot

you do not have MPB. Have you been stressed recently? Could be telogen effluvium-stress related hair loss that IS reversible. Do not worry or stress. You hair is in good shape. A lot better than most guys your age

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    you do not have MPB. Have you been stressed recently? Could be telogen effluvium-stress related hair loss that IS reversible. Do not worry or stress. You hair is in good shape. A lot better than most guys your age
    Hi Pavi

Yes I've been dealing with MASSIVE amounts of stress for the past year. It didn't really start because of hairloss but then I started to notice my hair density decreasing and ever since then it's just been a rubberband effect, more hair loss --------> more stress continuous cycle

I really hope if I can manage my stress better as well as clean up my diet a lot I can reverse this. My Receding hairline is like not much at all and seems to be responding to Fin fairly well.

Thanks for the reply.

Hope you guys are still Reading this. I would like to share the info i have come across. Hope you respond so we can help each other out.

My situation:
    Losing hair quickly, mainly sides and area around right temple. The hair on the right Side of my hair is thinner. Hairs are long and split. The hair feels strange and falls out in the pattern of op and when you Google image Sides thinning; the first result is exactly the same Pattern. When i first noticed my hair thinning i went crazy but after a while i accepted it. But the strange thing was that i could constantly feel my scalp burning and my hairline itching. This is descriped alot on the internet. The feeling because worse so i decided to take action and search for a potential cause/solution.

Theory;
    The site hairloss-reversible provides the basic theory, look it up. The scalp is basicly a very thin muscle with very thin blood Vessels. Testosterone and aging causes the muscle to thickin restricting blood/Lymph flow causing the hairs to suffocate. The link with dht is unclear, it could be that the slow flow causes the dht to act destructing. Dht also causes facial and body hairgrowth and the subtance isn't bad per se, it could be that the disbalance caused by the enviroment makes the dht crazy. remember that rogaine/minoxidil only improve blood flow to areas. I saw some amazing results on sides and temples with rogaine.

Checking the theory:
    So i reflected on how i feel. I 've had stress for a long time, i smoke and my 4 wisdom tooths are growing causing infections. I also noticed that when i smoked weed i would transpire around my hairline making it oily. This is a sign of tired glands. The scalp inflammation was a feeling from my jaw trough the nose/eyes than temple to the Side of the crown. Exactly where the Side thinning pattern occurs. My muscles in this Area where tense and when i close my eyes i can feel a slight twitch and Heaviness. I also have alot of phleghm. In aryuveda all the signs would be linked to to much 'heat' in the head. Particles can't make there way out. There is a disbalance.

Then i googled tooth infection hair loss. There is a relation with tooth infection and this pattern! To those who have no teeth problem this is still relevant beacause it shows a underlying principle. I then google searched face veins and you can clearly see the veins going along the path i described feeding the scalp. My infections are probably cloging these veins/Lymps. I constantly say lymphs for a reason because when you Search for the lymphs around the head you can again clearly see the relation between the veins, the scalp flow and the lymphs.

To Sum up my theory;
    I think that with this kind of hairloss and maby also partially in mpb there is a disbalance in the scalp causing hairs to fall out or terminate. This disbalance shows itself as bad blood lymph flow around the head and mainly the skull (most sensitive skinn/muscle/veins/lymphs because it's most far from the heart). All kinds of things could be the Cause of this disbalance, in my case it's tooth infection, stress, bad posture (forward neck) causing restrictid flow and Tense muscles around the neck (shoulders, neck, back, face and skull. And let's not forget about smoking...

things that might help;
    Look for the cause of your bad flow. This might be stress, smoking, hormone dysfunction, surgery, tooth/ear infection.

To improve flow:
    -scalp massage/exercise
    -exercices to improve blood flow to head
    - this one i really like: search lymphic massage head, there is a great YouTube video that explains. This helped me very much, i was spitting thick saliva for hours and Every time i do this the pressure/inflammation/burning lessens. You're just pressing on your lymphs making them remove toxins and all the bad stuff that's clogging Everything. You're restoring the balance with this!
    - breathing exercises to relax muscles
    - according to some pressing hard on you nails improves blood flow to the scalp. Your nails are also (like the scalp) far away from the heart demaning alot of power. By pressing you're nails you're pushing the blood to other places (like standing on a water bed). Also check out how the lymps system is unevenly distributed at the left and right body half.

My direct answer;
    I'm going to the dentist asap. I'm going to quit smoking. I'm going to do some yoga exercises to improve head blood flow and scalp exercise. I also bought rogaine to improve blood flow.

Excuse me for the rought text, english is not my native language. I included alot of symptoms for others to find this info.

Please share your thoughts!

Hey just wondering if your found a solution to this because I'm dealing with this now.