+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hurts View Post
    your hair from the side looks exactly like mine 2 years ago, i'm not even kidding, the shape of your hair is the same as my left side(not the side in the pic). I have the same thinning sides issue as well, i could scratch out at least 20 hairs and its particularly worse if I blow dry my hair. This issue hasn't gone away since it started 4-5 years ago.

excuse the side burns

WOW! That almost even looks like my head haha! So where are you at now with your hair loss on the sides? Is it much worse or has it improved? At least you know what I am saying about the hair. It's a totally different type of hair than the rest of my hair. I honestly don't get it. I never had these hairs when I was younger. They come out so easily.

it's gonna get worse bro. The area closest to my face has thinned quite a bit (still very much there though!) but the thinning area you see near my ear is pretty much there same.

Has the rest of your hair thinned?

My hair has really thinned out on the right side of my head, yet my hairline is still strong.

This isn't all that uncommon; it's called retrograde alopecia. MPB frequently includes loss around the temples, ears, and nape of the neck. I'm 30, and my frontal sideburn area has thinned a bit in the last year. It could be stress-related telogen effluvium, but you would be seeing similar shedding all over the scalp. If you're not, I'm guessing it's MPB that's just showing up before shedding elsewhere. In men with genetic alopecia, much of the hair in those areas is not permanent. I would not expect to see regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyfc View Post
    Has the rest of your hair thinned?

My hair has really thinned out on the right side of my head, yet my hairline is still strong.
    Well, my hair has always been relatively thin on the sides of my head since I can remember. However, it has definitely thinned out these last two years. You can definitely see my scalp now when the hair is short. I obviously do lose hair on the top of my head but nothing even in comparison to the sides. Would something like rogaine work for the sides? I won't even consider taking fin, I've heard way too many "gone wrong stories." Honestly, in the next 10 years there should be a cure to baldness anyways. I'm not too worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    In men with genetic alopecia, much of the hair in those areas is not permanent. I would not expect to see regrowth.
    So you're saying I will have no hair eventually on the sides of my head? I have yet to see a person that was hairless with my pattern but hair everywhere else on the head.

Default the same

I have the exact same pattern, losing on the side. I just realized it recently and it is not looking promising. Have you done any thing about it ? and have you got any results guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    This isn't all that uncommon; it's called retrograde alopecia. MPB frequently includes loss around the temples, ears, and nape of the neck. I'm 30, and my frontal sideburn area has thinned a bit in the last year. It could be stress-related telogen effluvium, but you would be seeing similar shedding all over the scalp. If you're not, I'm guessing it's MPB that's just showing up before shedding elsewhere. In men with genetic alopecia, much of the hair in those areas is not permanent. I would not expect to see regrowth.
    I agree. The hair from my neck has receded. a receding neckline you may call it.

It's difficult to tell this early in your life. The amount of hair you're pulling out might seem like a lot but it might still be less than what is being replaced. It is very typical to lose hair in your early 20's and you won't know until at least late 20's if it's going to continue to the point of doing something about it. Look on the bright side. Your hair looks great now and I can assure you that nobody else would notice this. I've got 20 years on you and had almost the exact hairline as you did at 23. I had a nice head of hair and the temporal recession. It drove me crazy and I spent thousands of dollars on useless products. Back then HT's were very expensive and not very good. Rogaine was only 2 percent, required a script, and cost over 60 bucks a month. Turns out I was the only one that noticed my recession and I had my first HT at 30. over the past 15 years I have just kept up with it and have about the same amount of hair now as I did at around age 25. If I were you I would try to relax and just make a plan. This may get worse but HT's are very cheap and effective now. I would not use any products and just keep an eye on it. If it gets worse over the next few years, then you can have the money saved for a procedure. If it does get worse, you can start with small procedures and just keep up with it. You will never have to go bald and if you can take a week away from family and friends to have a HT, no one will ever now you had one.

Quote Originally Posted by richardd1972 View Post
    It's difficult to tell this early in your life. The amount of hair you're pulling out might seem like a lot but it might still be less than what is being replaced. It is very typical to lose hair in your early 20's and you won't know until at least late 20's if it's going to continue to the point of doing something about it. Look on the bright side. Your hair looks great now and I can assure you that nobody else would notice this. I've got 20 years on you and had almost the exact hairline as you did at 23. I had a nice head of hair and the temporal recession. It drove me crazy and I spent thousands of dollars on useless products. Back then HT's were very expensive and not very good. Rogaine was only 2 percent, required a script, and cost over 60 bucks a month. Turns out I was the only one that noticed my recession and I had my first HT at 30. over the past 15 years I have just kept up with it and have about the same amount of hair now as I did at around age 25. If I were you I would try to relax and just make a plan. This may get worse but HT's are very cheap and effective now. I would not use any products and just keep an eye on it. If it gets worse over the next few years, then you can have the money saved for a procedure. If it does get worse, you can start with small procedures and just keep up with it. You will never have to go bald and if you can take a week away from family and friends to have a HT, no one will ever now you had one.
    I don't mine having the bald look. I would definitely rather have hair but I'm 6'7 and I use to model so I can pull off the bald look. Plus I can grow a badass beard. BALD= bad ass looking dude. As far as my hair now, I've lost a TON! It's gotten 5x worse then what's in the pictures. I'm learning to cope with it. Could be worse though.