+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Obviously every case is unique, but as a general rule I would say that darker skin tones look better bald than lighter ones. I have very light skin (half German half Scottish) and I think I'd look like a lukemia patient if I totally shaved off all my hair.

How old you think you look and how old someone else may think you look are pretty subjective opinions open to interpretation. My opinion is men that are balding look older generally speaking then a guy equivalent age with NW 0.
    Yes true there is no reason to point out exceptions I know they exist. I am just saying in general more hair makes you look younger because again most men go bald with age so it makes sense balder looks older as a rule of thumb

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    How old you think you look and how old someone else may think you look are pretty subjective opinions open to interpretation. My opinion is men that are balding look older generally speaking then a guy equivalent age with NW 0.
    Yes true there is no reason to point out exceptions I know they exist. I am just saying in general more hair makes you look younger because again most men go bald with age so it makes sense balder looks older as a rule of thumb
    Disagreed. Men who carry the balding gene, start balding as soon as they hit puberty. Baldness is not like wrinkles and jowls which strike you when you are past your prime. Unlike wrinkles and jowls, baldness strikes at your prime reproductive age. I have never seen a man who has started balding after 30. The rule of thumb is that if you have kept your hair till 30, you will keep it for life! So, men who are destined go bald would have lost most of their hair by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Disagreed. Men who carry the balding gene, start balding as soon as they hit puberty. Baldness is not like wrinkles and jowls which strike you when you are past your prime. Unlike wrinkles and jowls, baldness strikes at your prime reproductive age. I have never seen a man who has started balding after 30. The rule of thumb is that if you have kept your hair till 30, you will keep it for life! So, men who are destined go bald would have lost most of their hair by 30.
    Alright I can see that you are quite stubborn on this topic based on your other responses, but I'll continue anyway.

The majority of the time, a full head of healthy hair will make someone look much more younger and youthful. Obviously there are exceptions as with everything else in life, such as a full head of hair on a chubby face may make the person look even more chubby (in this case a shaven head could be beneficial to appearance) but as a rule of thumb hair = younger. And don't try to use 'grey hair' as a downside of having hair, if someone really wanted to look younger than their true age, its not hard to dye it.

Also in response to your actual quote, my dad had a full head of hair at 30 but is pretty bald now at 50.