Thread: Hair Cloning

Threaded View

I don't know, from the evidence that I've seen, Aderans was able to generate new hair follicles, albeit sometimes those hair follicles were either growing in the wrong direction or lacking in pigmentation. And I think that Ken Washenik promised that these aforementioned issues would be resolved during the latter part of Phase II and Phase III. Considering all of the money that Aderans invested in this hair regrowth technology, I highly doubt that it would release a product that fell significantly short of its initial potential.

You present some interesting information about the Tsuji lab and Lauster's findings, providing timelines, speculated dates for release to the public, and so forth. Where did you find this information? Could you cite some references as to where you found it? I remember reading that Dr. Lauster's method could be available to the public by 2015. Also, I never heard that Tsuji lab would require 3-4 more years of animal trials.

Also, I'm not as high on Tsuji lab and Dr. Lauster's technology as I am on Histogen, Aderans, and Replicel. Although Tsuji lab and Dr. Lauster aim to clone hair in the lab, that hair will still need to be transplanted into the scalp. And this would be a long, exhaustive, time-consuming, and very expensive procedure. And it would require multiple procedures and several years to create a full-looking head of hair.

That's why I like Histogen's, Aderans's, and Replicel's procedures so much better. Their technology would be minimally-invasive, would not leave any permanent scarring, would not be very labor-intensive, and would follow a more natural course (assuming that it revived hair follicles that once existed).