+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hair Cloning

Tsuji sounds good but don't even know if it'll work on humans :P

If I was them I'd setup a black market shop to do it :P

It's just depressing knowing your hair loss is getting worse and the only hope you have currenty are treatments that are in clinical trial that maybe probably don't know will work.

/:

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    It makes me so sad to think that the Church and Bush government was so against such groundbreaking research that would change all our lives forever!
    The Bush administration policy did not eliminate or prohibit stem cell research; it merely restricted federal funding for such research to projects using stem cell lines derived prior to 9 August 2001.

I don't think much research into baldness cures was receiving federal funding in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I really hope you're right about Aderans I guess they had a lot of hopes for it with a lot of scientific backing! Anyhow we'll know by June this year!

With regards to Tsuji lab if you read their interviews with the media back in April 2012 pretty much they always mentioned the 10 year delay to market. Here's a link if you like:

http://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140600.asp

'We would like to start clinical research within three to five years, so that an actual treatment to general patients can start within a decade'

Dr. Lauster will have even more red tape to cut through being in Germany and all.

If you think about it though, there's a lot they have to come up with. For example:

- How many hairs can they multiply from a 1cm2 graft? Is there a limit to their multiplication technique?

- Where are they going to grow the new hairs before transplantion? (In a medium or an animal (e.g. pigs))

- Potential risks of growth mediums & safety data

- etc etc

I mean if you look at Aderans, their technology is far simpler than Tsuji and they are entering 11 years of research and still haven't started Phase 3! Unfortunately these things take time
    ]

Thanks for the information on Tsuji labs; I didn't research them as much as you did.

I hear you with regards to the potential limitations that Dr. Lauster must be facing, but I'd bet that he and his team of researchers/scientists are ironing out those wrinkles right as we speak. A lot of these companies and scientists keep their research and results on the down low so as not to attract scrutiny and unwarranted attention from the media. Follica is an example of this.

About a couple of years ago, Lauster gave a timeline of 5 years as to when his technology could possibly be available to the public, which is a hell of a lot shorter than when Tsuji's team said their technology would be available. I know timelines can be pushed back, but I've got to remain positive since I cannot imagine living the rest of my life with hair loss.

In addition to these aformentioned regenerative procedures, I am excited by others as well. I pointed one out in a previous post (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8). This scientist already achieved hair regeneration in humans yet her results were largely ignored by those involved in hair restoration. And since her procedure was tried on children, it really illustrates how safe it must be.

Here is another interesting article which describes how skin was regrown in a matter of days in burn patients by isolating, multiplying, and injecting the patients's own stem cells. http://www.mirm.pitt.edu/news/article.asp?qEmpID=328. If such a procedure could regrow skin without side effects, then I do not see how hair could not be regrown.

Hey, I'd bet they would never even touch these stories with a ten foot pole at the ISHRS conference (--:

all in all the next few years are going to be groundbreaking in the field of hairloss with all of the research going on and upcoming phase II results and phase III trials hopefully starting.