Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • townie
    • Aug 2012

Losing hairs in shower

How many hairs is it normal to lose in the shower when your hair is wet? If you run your hands through ur hair hard when it is wet and have maybe between 10-20 hairs in ur hands afterwards, would that be considered normal?
    I would appreciate some adequate advice, thanks guys.
  • elnino
    • Sep 2012

i was the same, i used to see a lot of hairs in the shower and dry or wet, id have about 20 hairs on my hand. it was mpb, i was in denial. you should only have a few hairs on your hand, not that many. i kept it going for ages until i realised i was balding.i left it too late,make sure you dont my friend,

Comment

• BigThinker
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by elnino
      i was the same, i used to see a lot of hairs in the shower and dry or wet, id have about 20 hairs on my hand. it was mpb, i was in denial. you should only have a few hairs on your hand, not that many. i kept it going for ages until i realised i was balding.i left it too late,make sure you dont my friend,
      You're a good guy, elnino. More people need to be interested in helping others who still have a chance to hold on to a bit of hair. I wish more members were like you.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
        • Oct 2012

10-20 hairs sounds normal to me. its normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day.

if youve got thick hair that sounds normal to me, but also doesnt mean youre not suffering from mpb

Comment

• mattj
          Doctor Representative
          • Oct 2009

It sounds like you might be shedding more than 'normal', as you probably aren't seeing every hair that is being lost.

But it really depends on some other things. How often do you wash your hair? If you don't wash your hair daily then there will be a build up of hairs and you will see more being washed away when you do wash it.

If your hair is above average in density then more follicles will be entering the telogen phase (the period when hairs are shed to be replaced, after a 'resting' period) than if your hair was only average in density. This is something which is often forgotten.
          I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

Yeah it seems to me if you see a bald spot where you had hair before then your going bald or a noticeable change in density. If someone notices less density that means you have lost 50 percent of it for others to notice.

Comment

• jacob576
              • Jan 2013

when i was younger i only had a few but i noticed at 30 now im seeing a lot but my hair isn't thinning that fast to explain the rapid increase so im not sure why im losing hair so much faster after washing it.

Comment

Working...