+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Idfrie View Post
    Hi im 16 and i am extremely worried about my hairline! i think it has been receding back but im bot sure... I have always has a high hairline but I would like to know if you think it has receded and if so... how badly has it? what stage do you think im on? any advice? Should i start any treatments? Please be honest. Should I stop worrying and let nature run its course?
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=2
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=3
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=4
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=5
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=6
    http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=7
    Go to your Dr and get his advise. I was much like you. My mom's hairdresser thought I was starting at 15. I did not see it myself till about 17. I was about where you are at around 20. Your loss does not appear to be symmetrical which can be good news as it can take much much longer to progress. Also be aware that loss and start and stop at random. So just because you may be losing a small amount of hair now , it might stop dead in in tracks in a couple of years. This is happened to me several times and I wish someone would have told me this at the time as I thought I would be bald in 10 years. My advise would go to a legit Dr and see what he says...and also take photos every 3 or 4 months as that is best way to know what is going on. Good luck to you!

Dude, I am 17 and I was like you t 16. Mine has creeped back even more. It's hard to own up to it at a young age. I will be 18 in five months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	22391  

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Yes, it is receding if it hasn't always been like that.
    No, its not bad.

You still got a very good amount of hair and the coverage to the front is still decent compared to a normal society. It is acceptable. However, unless you are a perfectionist, then yes, it is problematic and it is not "model" material. Anyways, personally, I don;t think it is bad at all.
    At the same time, definately, take what drybone says into consideration about seeing someone about it. I had a lot of friends with that exact hairstyle and NW that is now bald or very noticeable receding. But there were also some that remained the same until now and that was 4 years ago. It all really depends on the individual.

Good luck with everything!

my suggestion-

get on minox to maintain regrow some dont bother other ways wait until you go bald by 25 and i am sure a new tech will be available to get restored, also start saving for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakewheat View Post
    Dude, I am 17 and I was like you t 16. Mine has creeped back even more. It's hard to own up to it at a young age. I will be 18 in five months.

You are a NW2, no doubt. I think you should talk to a doctor about possibly getting on fin (prescription).

I don't think its bad at all . Its good you noticed it receding now though . wish I caught mine sooner .... since ive been on minox and fin I haven't lost much more in the past 4 years.. if any. your hair still looks pretty darn thick . so try and hang on to what you got cause it still looks good

Quote Originally Posted by justeone View Post
    I don't think its bad at all . Its good you noticed it receding now though . wish I caught mine sooner .... since ive been on minox and fin I haven't lost much more in the past 4 years.. if any. your hair still looks pretty darn thick . so try and hang on to what you got cause it still looks good
    Right. Thing is, there's a good time you'll shed and you'd be lucky to have hair instantly freeze where it's at (as opposed to a bit more deterioration after starting).

What I'm trying to say is: if you're going to treat it, start ASAP. See a professional, confirm MPB, and get crackin'.

Default Update

So it has been over a year since I posted this and I took most of your advice and went to the doctor who performed the pull test, with the results and my family history (my dad’s father is bald and my mum’s brother the rest of my family have a full head of hair) he said that I had just reached a mature hairline at a young age and not to worry as much and did not advise to start any treatment. I have continued to monitor my hair loss though and I swear it is getting worse but I don’t know if it is just in my head. I recently went to a hair clinic for a free consultation and got told I had MPB but he hardly examined my scalp only taking a quick glance, I don’t know if they are just trying to make money asking for $2400 a year…. They didn’t even do the pull test.
    The amount of hair I lose a day is the same as always. Only find one or two hairs on my pillow in the morning but still lose quite a lot in the shower (not clumps just strands every time I run my hands through my hair). I also find one or two strands on my hand usually when I run my hands through my hair but only for the first 5 or so after that none come out. I am getting to the point I am paranoid about this and I am constantly taking pictures and checking my hairline and researching hair loss.
    So I am posting pictures from recently and will take your advice on board on how to proceed and whether or not I should see another doctor for a second opinion? Also what norwood am I, a 2 or 3? Please don’t be rude I am just really self-conscious about the issue and it is starting to affect my life.
    There are quite a lot of pictures but yeah, thanks in advance.

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/je...?sort=3&page=1

Brother,

I am being honest with you, it does not look good. It is not normal for a 17 year old to have that kind of temple recession. Maybe it could hold that way for a bit, maybe not. But one thing I can say with a high degree or certainty is that MPB is in your genes and in your future.

I'll tell you as a young hair loss sufferer who has been through what you are/will go through, the most important thing to do is start treating it early. I had the 'I'm never taking finasteride, or even minoxidil for that matter!'' phase...The countless hours of research phase etc...

The truth is if you want a shot at stopping this, the big 3 (fin, minox, niz) is your best shot.

Your 17 years old, which is young. I've heard of guys going on finasteride at that age, but there is no clinical data including individuals of such age. It may be wise to wait till your 18, especially as you still do have nice density and the appearance of a full head, but if I was in your shoes I wouldn't completely rule out trying fin. If you seem to be done with puberty etc then its worth considering.

At you chose against fin, perhaps consider using niz shampoo and minoxidle. Thing for minoxidil is though, from the pictures i just see recession and good density, not necessarily thinning spots that could be revived. Before I noticed recession, i noticed thinning in the temple areas. Did you ever notice this? Were your temples lower before? Are they getting progressively worse? What does your gut tell you?

Good luck man.

you have a widows peak, so if you're focusing too much at the tip it looks like a NW3, but if you look at the whole picture it's closer to a a weak NW1 to NW2.

But I may be completely wrong, that is just what it looks like to me. And really that is what matters, the fairly untrained eye thinks you have a good head of hair.

I skipped most of the thread so if you're on meds I guess stick with it. Or w/e. I'm not the boss of you.