+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It looks like you are receding at the temples.

You will know if you are balding......you will physically see a lot of hair fall out when you wash it, got white pillows......you will notice many hairs on your pillow in the morning. Your hair will be weaker in places and be easy to pull out with little or no pain.

I started balding at 16, it sucks. I am now 28 and as bald as homer simpson.

I have not dealed with it well. It has been a hard life, constantly conscious of my lack of hair, regularly getting people mentioning it. Could not look at myself in the mirror for 2 years. Have become a recluse. My love and sex life has been ruined.

It depends how you can cope with it. I see other guys my age that are really bald but they seem to get on with it, have girlfriends, wives.

Only positive for you is that a cure could come out before you are 30, maybe earlier. For me...I am screwed.

Inactive

You have a lot of conflicting advice, OP. One thing I can promise you, though, is that the people telling you that you aren't receding are likely people that are too far gone for treatments to even help. For whatever reason, these bitter souls look down on anyone that isn't a NW4+.These individuals have failed to get on treatments in the early stages of hair-loss and are now paying the price. Monitor your hair and respond accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    You have a lot of conflicting advice, OP. One thing I can promise you, though, is that the people telling you that you aren't receding are likely people that are too far gone for treatments to even help. For whatever reason, these bitter souls look down on anyone that isn't a NW4+.These individuals have failed to get on treatments in the early stages of hair-loss and are now paying the price. Monitor your hair and respond accordingly.
    Nobody is telling him he ISNT receding. I cant speak for anyone else but will address you myself.

The kid is 16 years old. He is a minor. You dont go around telling minors to get on medication or that they are going bald. You get the site SUED that way.

Thats right smart ass. SUED. Disclaimer and disclosures tend not to impress a judge when dealing with a minor.

If this kid reads these replies and then goes out and takes medication or gets a hair transplant or gets ill , then yeah, this site can be held liable. He is a MINOR.

So instead ,lets send him to his doctor. To be receding at age 16 is not the norm and there could be other issues.

Agreed with the above. OP your 16, you'll get a lot of conflicting advice from these forums. My advice, get off and enjoy life, come back in 4-5 years time if still worried.

Speak to parents, doctors etc. Your 18 and this isn't something to be on your mind right now. DO not even consider buying meds such as Spiro or Fin or even minox, you're still in puberty!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Nobody is telling him he ISNT receding. I cant speak for anyone else but will address you myself.

The kid is 16 years old. He is a minor. You dont go around telling minors to get on medication or that they are going bald. You get the site SUED that way.

Thats right smart ass. SUED. Disclaimer and disclosures tend not to impress a judge when dealing with a minor.

If this kid reads these replies and then goes out and takes medication or gets a hair transplant or gets ill , then yeah, this site can be held liable. He is a MINOR.

So instead ,lets send him to his doctor. To be receding at age 16 is not the norm and there could be other issues.
    Perhaps you should read my first post before you start with the hostilities. I told him to wait until 18 before considering fin.

I read somewhere that a really healthy diet can slow down hair loss dramatically, by naturally inhibiting dht:

-broccoli, cabbage, green/black tea, cauliflower,...

Are you guys serious? He's already a NW2 at 16 years old. Has your hairline always been like that? If not, I would be a bit worried. Keep an eye on it and if you notice it receding further, get on minoxidil, nizoral, and topical spiro ASAP. Then get on fin when you're 18 after proper research and understanding the risks.
    You do not know what you are looking at and you absolutely should not be advising any male to use Spiro in any form. This is downright reckless advise and I hope the OP has the good sense to ignore it. You only think you know what you are talking about - but you actually don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I read somewhere that a really healthy diet can slow down hair loss dramatically, by naturally inhibiting dht:

-broccoli, cabbage, green/black tea, cauliflower,...
    That's just hupla. A healthy diet and exercise regimen is certainly good for your body - but it will do absolutely nothing to slow down hereditary hair loss.

Propecia came out in 97, so anyone who started balding earlier of-course had no option, you can't blame them.