+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Misconceptions

Default Misconceptions

I feel like many people, particularly women, believe that men with hair are more virile and manly, when in fact the opposite is true. My hair falls out because I am a man, whereas these thick haired dudes walking around can't even grow a beard, they're not through puberty yet ladies, please stop overlooking sexually mature men because we need you more than the little boys do.

Thanks for listening to this rant.

orly?

10char

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Luckily there are also many women out there who are more attracted to men with the shaved or bald look. Hopefully, there is someone for everyone.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar was bald View Post
    I feel like many people, particularly women, believe that men with hair are more virile and manly, when in fact the opposite is true. My hair falls out because I am a man, whereas these thick haired dudes walking around can't even grow a beard, they're not through puberty yet ladies, please stop overlooking sexually mature men because we need you more than the little boys do.

Thanks for listening to this rant.
    In my case I had to face the fact i was losing my hair. I remember the day very well. I was 20 years old. It was traumatizing to me and I was left wonding how fast it would happen.

Luckily it went very slowly for me but sooner or later I had to realize that either I accepted a shaved head or I do something about it.

It has nothing to do with being a 'real man' or not. We are all men. Women want a guy with confidence. Not hair.

If the hair gives us confidence, then lets do what we can to keep it or get it back. If it doesnt matter, then great. One less thing to worry about.

Good tip. Did you shave in the end? Or did you do Fin, Niz, Minox etc? Or even a HT?

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Women want a guy with confidence. Not hair.

If the hair gives us confidence, then lets do what we can to keep it or get it back. If it doesnt matter, then great. One less thing to worry about.
    If I wasn't lazy, I would make this my signature on this forum. That basically sums up the reality of hair loss - at least in the society I live in.

Inactive

Actually, many studies point to balding men having lower test on average. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Aames is right... it wouldn't make sense otherwise - T goes down as you age and so is the number of people balding. T seems to be inversely correlated with baldness

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Aames is right... it wouldn't make sense otherwise - T goes down as you age and so is the number of people balding. T seems to be inversely correlated with baldness
    I believe the amount of DHT gets to a low point where it can no longer burn out your follicles. The one guy I talked to said it was age 65 .He said whatever hair you got left at 65 is yours for the duration.

I think the idea that you go totally bald by like 85 or 90 starts to have nothing to do with male pattern baldness and just age in general.

Bone loss, sagging skin, all kinds of maladies will probably kill what little hair you have left by that age. Even women I see at age 80 and older wear wigs and others just let in thin out due to old age.