+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Add minox???

Default Add minox???

I'm currently a NW 2 thinning to a 3. I started on fin and niz 2 months ago. I've had a bit of minor shed, but nothing earth shattering (touch wood). I always thought I'd add minox after a few months.

My fear is that since minox is better at aiding the crown then the hairline, any shedding it causes up front might seal the fate of the partially miniaturized hair there.

Thoughts?

If you are even slightly concerned about accelerating the loss of your hair line, you should not even be considering starting Minoxidil now - if ever.

If you feel you need to try to restore your more youthful hair line, wait until you have been on Propecia for at least 18 full months. By that time any hair that is week is more likely to have become strong enough to try. Trying it now could be a very bad idea with irreversible consequences.

Really? Minox can cause irreversible consequences? You're a dumbass. You give horrible advice. Get off these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    I'm currently a NW 2 thinning to a 3. I started on fin and niz 2 months ago. I've had a bit of minor shed, but nothing earth shattering (touch wood). I always thought I'd add minox after a few months.

My fear is that since minox is better at aiding the crown then the hairline, any shedding it causes up front might seal the fate of the partially miniaturized hair there.

Thoughts?
    We are at the same cross roads (same NW scale) - I have been on Fin & RegenePure Dr. for 4 months with no real aesthetic change except for hair quality improving slightly...

I too had a very minor shed, if that. I am a little worried that i won't respond as well based on the fact that Dr's say shedding is the first sign of the treatment working. Any thoughts on this?

As for your question about pulling the trigger too early with Min - I think yes. I'm going to wait until the full 12 months of Fin has been completed before i take on another treatment.

These first 6 months on Fin are the hardest from what i've read - apparently things start to improve closer to 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by baldnotbeautiful View Post
    Really? Minox can cause irreversible consequences?
    On a males hair line it certainly can. Minoxidil does not work in the hair line for most males. In some cases using Minoxidil on the hair line will accelerate the recession and the hair that sheds out won't grow back. Every male who intends to try using Minoxidil on their hair line needs to know that.

You're a dumb^$%.
    Far from it.

You give horrible advice. Get off these forums.
    Contact the forum administrators and complain about me. Lets see just how far you get with that.

I started Minox & Nizoral 2% after abt 6 years on Fin (thanks Tracy for sound advise). 10 mo later I see regrowth in mid-scalp area and some in frontal areas (hairline) too.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    10 mo later I see regrowth in mid-scalp area and some in frontal areas (hairline) too.
    You are a very lucky man if you are able to regrow hair in your hair line. You should be buying lottery tickets on a regular basis. Haha

Some males can, most males can't - and unfortunately some males can make the problem worse by trying to use it on their hair line. Every male who intends to use Minoxidil on his hair lines needs to know that so they can make a fully informed decision about trying it or not.

just for the sake of debating: why are you so adamant about that fact Tracy? wheres the scientific proof of that? What is anatomically different about your crown hair from your hairline hair that would warrant a different physical response?

When you say regrowth, do mean completely miniaturized hairs coming back or the hairs you initially shed coming back? While I agree its rare for completely miniaturized hair to come back on the hair line or any where on your head, I would argue it would be extremely rare for hair that is shed from minoxidil on the hairline to NOT come back

ive been using it on my hair line for 2.5 months and while thats way too early to see results, I will say it hasnt gotten worse other than losing a bit of density due to the initial shed. I fully expect it to improve back to where it was, and fully expect it to be thicker/fuller...even if that improvement is marginal at best.

It just doesnt seem logical for your hair to respond in one area of your head and not in the other. If your hairline hair doesnt respond to rogaine, why would it shed? its just completely illogical to me that it would accelerate hair loss.

my guess would be those who used it on their hairline and experienced a loss of hair that never came back, well their alopecia was just progressing, not from the treatment

im not attacking you, im just ranting a little while trying to stir a debate

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    ive been using it on my hair line for 2.5 months and while thats way too early to see results, I will say it hasnt gotten worse other than losing a bit of density due to the initial shed. I fully expect it to improve back to where it was, and fully expect it to be thicker/fuller...even if that improvement is marginal at best.

It just doesnt seem logical for your hair to respond in one area of your head and not in the other. If your hairline hair doesnt respond to rogaine, why would it shed? its just completely illogical to me that it would accelerate hair loss.

my guess would be those who used it on their hairline and experienced a loss of hair that never came back, well their alopecia was just progressing, not from the treatment

im not attacking you, im just ranting a little while trying to stir a debate
    Tracy is normally pretty much on the money and has helped me with some of my weird faq like ?'s (I like stats which helps me deal with it for reasons hard to explain=misery loves company I guess).

With that said, here is my take on minox on the hairline:
    I started on minox way before propicia but that was because propecia was not really available at that time.
    It did not seem to accelerate loss but did grow some tiny hairs but they were not really usable if that make sense. This could be due to the variation of the mpb that my family inherits. Hairline recedes very early, crown starts much much later but then develops much faster than hairline recedes. When I added propcicia I got real hair up front and back...fwiw.