+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Add minox???

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Though I did counsel my cousins and nephews to stay away from hair loss forums, I never counseled any them about getting on Finasteride. They spoke to their doctors about it. I did tell them about using Nizoral A-D shampoo once a week and sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for their regular washing. Both my nephews did ask me about Rogaine, but one of them really doesn't need Rogaine at this time. They are both young enough that their hair will likely thicken up without adding Rogaine - but the older one does have a visible bald spot starting. So he is using Rogaine once a day as part of his regimen.
    How did you bring it up? I have large family (cousins) who have severe mpb on both sides. At Christmas I could see the oldest (20) is starting and it's a good bet the others won't be far behind. I don't know if I should say anything or not and if so how to bring it up?

He may not even care about it as he has always been very popular and has recently got married.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    How did you bring it up?
    They asked me. Everyone in my family noticed that I am getting my hair back. They ask questions about how I did it. I am very open about treating it.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    How did you bring it up? I have large family (cousins) who have severe mpb on both sides. At Christmas I could see the oldest (20) is starting and it's a good bet the others won't be far behind. I don't know if I should say anything or not and if so how to bring it up?

He may not even care about it as he has always been very popular and has recently got married.
    think about it if it were you, would you want someone to tell you early so you could start treatment early and save a lot of hair or wait till they notice it, and they are behind in treating.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    think about it if it were you, would you want someone to tell you early so you could start treatment early and save a lot of hair or wait till they notice it, and they are behind in treating.
    Well back when I was his age there was no way to stop it. I am not sure what to do..that is why I was asking her. When I was 17-18 I was really insecure about it and did not handle it well esp when 2 girls in class would tease me about it.

Part of me wants to really save my family but what if they are offended or do not care? The only one that I know that might care is his mom who has repeatably made comments about how I have great hair - how come I have not lost it? But that is her, not her son.

He has his "act together" far-far better than me at that age. To put it bluntly, he has a smokin hot wife plus a newborn so he is already past the point of really needing hair. Don't know his wife as well as I should but I really don't think that would ever be an issue with her as he has a strong athletic career ahead of him . But just not sure not what to do...my side of family has very slow but eventually severe mpb. Other side of his family has pretty fast and severe mpb. So I really don't think he or the rest of the younger boys can escape it. I have even thought about emailing him anonymously to give in some basic info without the risk of embarrassment. He is just starting so I have time to decide what to do. So frustrating on deciding on what is right thing to do ......

d have suggested meds, not that any were readability available back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    They asked me. Everyone in my family noticed that I am getting my hair back. They ask questions about how I did it. I am very open about treating it.

Ok thanks...you got the easy way out Thought maybe you had approached them.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    I disagree...
    You are not required to agree - but you are wrong if you do. Simple as that. There is no point arguing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    There's no evidence anything called a 'mature' hairline exists...
    Yes there is - and it is all around us. You can deny it all you want - but you would still be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I presume you mean once a day?
    Yes I made a boo boo. I meant once a day every day for Finasteride.